Slow Scrap September

ValerieT

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found this game yesterday, so I'm playing catch-up. So far, my layout has three photos, each with a frame, and four papers, two patterned, and two blended. I also used a layout template, with some alteration.

Oh, Joyce! I'm so sorry for your horrible week! I hope dh is feeling better and recovers quickly.

Thanks, Carla. He seems to be doing really well. I think the main thing now is to try to keep him from getting an infection. His doctors all seem to be pleased with how well he's doing.

Week Two; Task Two

Alter your photo in some way. Turn it black and white or sepia, or you could crop it into an interesting shape, anything goes.

I now have a new favorite photo....but I think I'll keep the one I started with and save the new one for the swap crop. Too many favorites lately!! Such a good problem to have :)

I now have about a half dozen photos that I've altered in one way or another. I'm waiting to see what the next step is to choose which one makes it onto the layout.

In some ways these slow scraps are driving me crazy because it's totally the opposite way of how I scrap. I tend to choose a photo and open it in PSE along with several papers and a ton of embellishments that may or may not end up in the final page. It's a lot of experimentation for me, though I usually have a pretty good idea of what the end result will be before I start.

It's good to try it from a different angle from time to time.

Karen

Week Two; Task Three

Use an odd number of papers on your layout.

REQUIREMENT: Post an image of your layout so far in this thread.

Here's how:

1. Be sure you have saved your layout as a PSD file first.

2. Save your images at 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels), 72 dpi (smaller than you would usually "save as" for web.)

3. In full editor, click on "attach photo", navigate to your layout image on your computer, then upload.

4. Then click the "add to post" button.

Yep I did it again! I added my papers last night, hey there has to be some advantage when you've written the tasks!, went to save it today to post here but hated it. So I started again.

Here is mine so far, unless I change my mind again!

Finished step three - after much sampling and manipulating of papers.

The photo (taken by my DD, the kiddos' mother), was altered by Brandy's SketchIt AND Ultimate Artist actions; the results were blended, then clipped to Syndee's Artful Photomasks.

There are four visible papers - not an odd number! But the top layer is a photo manipulated with the SketchIt action, then merged to one of Syndee's Artful SSPapers, tinted green; Brandy's Vellum paper is layered over that the rusty tint resulted from applying the Hue blend. Does that count as five papers? ^_^/>

I'm playing along here too.

Did some photo alterations in PSE (crop. straighten, tone down highlights in the windows), then ultimately changing the shape using the clipping mask.

I think there's a total of 7 papers in the layout at this time.

Worked ahead a bit with a little word art and embellishments that may not stay in the final layout.

Here's what I have so far:

Archived