Slow Scrap September

ValerieT

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joyce, I'm so sorry to hear your dh is still in ICU. Prayers for your family!

I'm a little behind with things right now. I'll catch up tonight or tomorrow. I can't wait to see what your finished layouts look like!

Wow! A lot to do this week, but I'm happy with how it all came together.

1 photo (straightened, color & lighting adjusted, cropped to hexagon shape)

7 papers: 5 in hexagons, 1 background, and 1 masked to the background behind the journaling.)

3 embellishments: heart, star, leaf stencil (color changed)

word art

style: "aged metal" applied to the word art

here's my layout: Smokey Mountain Train Ride

Karen

Week Two, Task 6 complete. Photo is recolored sepia with exception of color isolation in the face/ear muffs.

Supplies in EXIF. TFL!

Snow Day

Journaling:

"December 6, 2011 - Logan was thrilled to see the first snowflakes fall.

Although he was born in Florida,Logan loves winter and was excited to

move to South Dakota. On this day, he threw snowballs, made a

snowman and made an interesting ingloo. I had to plead for him to

come inside and get warm--his hands and feet were frozen!

Joyce so glad hubby is a little better.

Week 2 completed - Natural Beauty

I just loved this old tree that had stood in the local park for many years. I was devastated when it died so decided to capture it forever. I used the Sketch It action to turn it into a watercolour picture.

I used 3 papers & three embellishments - the flourishes duplicated & flipped, butterfly & lace frame (also duplicated & rotated).

I used a sketched overlay style on the background paper & added a word art tag.

Week Two task 1, 2 and 3 completed. Here is my layout so far. I used only one paper, but it is stacked. I changed my b&w photo to Sepia. This is one of my favorite photos from when I was a child. I think I was about 3 years old. My sister, Donna, is on the left, I'm in the middle, and my cousin Ginny is on the right. My Grandmother is in back and she's checking on her garden. I love the photo because I love the look on my face as I'm looking at my cousin.

Good Monday Morning, Everyone! Ready for another week of Slow Scrap? All the layouts I've seen so far are lovely, wow....

OK - here goes! :)

Week Three; Task One

This week we are going to work with a template.

Choose a template or sketch to use for your layout. You can use any template from the store. Or you could use a sketch from the blog, here's how;

Scroll about half way down the first page and you should find the "categories" button on the right side, click the down arrow and click "Sketch Tuesday" to see all the sketches available.

Archived