Virus / Malware

misspolly

I've just returned from holiday so I apologise if this has been addressed already. My antivirus is blocking the forum (scrapgirls.net) and I'm not sure why. I can bring it up fine on my anti-virus free tablet but my PC will NOT have any of it. Has this happened to anyone else?

I've never had this problem. Are you able to change it and give your antivirus software permission to access the forum?

When did it start doing this? has it always been like it for you? or was it after an update?

I have no idea when it started. I've been away for a couple of months and it just started. I've reported the warning as a potential false positive to my anti-virus provider and I've allowed the site through but it's being a nuisance and randomly blocking me anyway. For reference, it's flagging the site for scrInject.b.gen virus.

I was just checking to see if it had been a problem recently; I feel a lot better unblocking the site knowing that it's not!

Here is what I found on that particular virus:

HTML/ScrInject.B.Gen is a Trojan that is connected with an adware infection.

It’s name is involved in misleading pop-up security notifications of bogus security programs.

It compromises the web browser on the infected PC and can corrupt web pages, blogs and online forums administrated from the targeted machine.

It will also show falsified pop-up warnings claiming your computer is corrupted by a specific computer infection. Select a legitimate anti-malware application for removal.

So if I understand April, once the Trojan is removed the forum will be accessible again... it is being blocked now as it is affected by this Trojan. I use MalwareBytes Anti Malware amongst others for this type of problem, it is free and very good. I have also tried Hitman Pro lately which has a free trial period and also seems very good. Additionally I have a paid subscription to Super Antispyware which I quite like too. Try the freebies, they are very good. Good luck!

I don't have the trojan on my machine. I reported the block to my anti-virus program and they told me that it was an accidental flag. Lately there have been several attacks from other forums using the same software so scrapgirls.net ended up in the crossfire :P It's all sorted out now and my browser is no longer being a nuisance.

Thank you all for your help!

Archived