September Recipe Swap

SodScrap

This month's theme is Casseroles and/or One Dish meals.

•  
  • To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - 1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by 9 am ET Friday,September 27.
  • It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!

Please post your recipe in the Recipe Swap Gallery and post a link back in this thread.

Oh my goodness ... my husband and two sons dubbed me the "Casserole Queen" because I make a LOT of casseroles for our dinners!! LOL I know I'll make at least one card ... but I have lots of good ones to share!!

Oh my goodness ... my husband and two sons dubbed me the "Casserole Queen" because I make a LOT of casseroles for our dinners!! LOL I know I'll make at least one card ... but I have lots of good ones to share!!

We aren't big casserole eaters here...and the ones I do make, don't have "official" recipes! So..I'm going to have to dig deep for this one. Can't wait to see what you share!

I've been meaning to join in for months now, this seems like a good month for me, we eat alot of casseroles.

Now a technical question; the ingredient amounts for me would be in new money (grams and kilograms) do I need to covert them for you? If so are ounces OK?

I've been meaning to join in for months now, this seems like a good month for me, we eat alot of casseroles.

Now a technical question; the ingredient amounts for me would be in new money (grams and kilograms) do I need to covert them for you? If so are ounces OK?

Valerie,

Ounces would be great, but if you can't convert the recipes, don't worry--we'll figure them out. You have it way more difficult, since most of our recipes are in English units--cups, ounces, pounds, etc.

I'd love to see your cards!

Valerie,

Ounces would be great, but if you can't convert the recipes, don't worry--we'll figure them out. You have it way more difficult, since most of our recipes are in English units--cups, ounces, pounds, etc.

Thank you for your input Barbara. I agree.

Valerie,

Thanks, I'll convert to ounces where I can.

I grew up using ounces and pounds so they are no problem, and cups to milliliters is an easy conversion. Grams to cups is not so easy.:(/>

Valerie,

I grew up using ounces and pounds so they are no problem, and cups to milliliters is an easy conversion. Grams to cups is not so easy.sad.gif/>

Who ever dreamed back in those old school days that we would be using this much math to cook? My grandma used pinches, scants and handfuls ... and I always wondered, "what if my hand is bigger/smaller??" LOL

Valerie,

I grew up using ounces and pounds so they are no problem, and cups to milliliters is an easy conversion. Grams to cups is not so easy.sad.gif/>

Who ever dreamed back in those old school days that we would be using this much math to cook? My grandma used pinches, scants and handfuls ... and I always wondered, "what if my hand is bigger/smaller??" LOL

I have thought the same thing Lei!

I am trying to convert the oven temperature to Fahrenheit. Does 350 sound about right for a low/slow cooking temperature?

This has really taxed my brain this morning, gas mark to Celsius, Celsius to Fahrenheit.

I am trying to convert the oven temperature to Fahrenheit. Does 350 sound about right for a low/slow cooking temperature?

This has really taxed my brain this morning, gas mark to Celsius, Celsius to Fahrenheit.

Valerie, 350 degrees is a good temperature for casseroles. Seems like most of mine are 350 degrees for say 30 minutes to an hour...a lot of cookies bake at 350 (good range is 325 to 375 for cookies)

Archived