Cast Shadow In Pse

ScrapGram

Is it possible to do a cast shadow in PSE 11? I looked at the tutorial about cast shadows that was in the NL awhile ago, but it was written for Photoshop. I tried to do it in PSE, but once I duplicated the layer and filled it with black, I couldn't figure out how to distort it. I would love to put cast shadows on the birds on the LO I posted for today's challenge.

Awesome Sunrise

Karen, to distort it.... make sure you can see your bounding box, then hold down (I think control) and drag the top middle point on the bounding box down and to the side. Try it and see if that helps. I'll try and wait to check on you before I go to bed.

Beautiful layout!

To distort or skew an image in PSE, go to Image on the top bar (I can never keep the names of those bars in my head.) In the drop down menu, choose distort or skew; they work differently, so you may have to play a bit to decide which you want. Use the points on the bounding box to move corners and sides separately until you like the result. You'll also probably want to reduce the opacity of your shadow. Hope this helps!

To distort or skew an image in PSE, go to Image on the top bar (I can never keep the names of those bars in my head.) In the drop down menu, choose distort or skew; they work differently, so you may have to play a bit to decide which you want. Use the points on the bounding box to move corners and sides separately until you like the result. You'll also probably want to reduce the opacity of your shadow. Hope this helps!

Aha! Thank you very much. Can't wait to try that!

Archived