Art Journaling Chat & Crop 9Pm Et

MariJ

Are you interested in learning digital Art Journaling? Excited about the layouts you've already created and anxious to make more? Join Marilyn (MariJ) and Jody (Jode2771) in the chat room on Monday, September 16 at 9 PM ET for an Art Journaling Chat and Challenge. We will discuss the basics of Art Journaling, provide a prompt (or two!) for starting a page and Jode is available for layout tips and questions. During the chat we will be referring to Durin Eberhart's book Art Journal Inspirations eBook: About Me and talking about places to find ideas and inspiration.

Jode and I will post our layouts right before the chat and will update this thread with the Art Journaling prompts and any tips or points we discussed afterwards.

Sure hope to see you there! :)

PLEASE NOTE: We are conscious that ScrapGirls live in all parts of the globe, so our aim is to alternate months and times. So while this will be an ET evening chat, (therefore morning for many members) next month we will schedule a morning ET Chat in order to make it easier for others.

UPDATE:

During the chat we discussed our favorite part of Art Journaling and how Art Journaling is like a written journal except it uses art, special symbols & words but NO photos. Art Journaling is personal, "all about YOU" & has no rules - "anything goes"

We gave two prompts to start your layout --

"The One Thing" (Example in my layout HERE) and

"Firsts" Example in Jode's layout HERE)

You can choose a prompt or make a layout for each! It's up to you...

Please post your completed layout in the Art Journaling Chat & Challenge Gallery and then a link to your layout here in this thread. There is no time limit to the challenge. We can't wait to see what you create! :)

Thanks for a wonderful chat and enthusiastic response! :)

I put a post it note on my monitor to remind me about the chat. Hope I remember the chat and can get into the chat room. Sometimes I have a problem. Hope to see you all tonight.

Hi Carol, I have it on my list to remind you later! Oh gosh I do hope you can get in and the chat room and Jave behaves! See you then.. :)

PS and your Siggie is so pretty!

I've just installed Java on my PC ( It's on my laptop) so I'm hoping I can at least follow the chat. I may not be able to comment. I'm not so speedy on the typing. In fact I haven't a clue about chats but we will see. Looking forward to at least having a go. Must take some down time in the crazy chaos of home. Too many events on this week at home but I love the Art Journalling I have seen in the Gallery so I want to join in if I can. Kay

I've just installed Java on my PC ( It's on my laptop) so I'm hoping I can at least follow the chat. I may not be able to comment. I'm not so speedy on the typing. In fact I haven't a clue about chats but we will see. Looking forward to at least having a go. Must take some down time in the crazy chaos of home. Too many events on this week at home but I love the Art Journalling I have seen in the Gallery so I want to join in if I can. Kay

That's great Kay and so glad you are willing to try. I was SO nervous my first chat (it was a class) but after a while it gets easier or like you said - you can just read! But, I'll bet you'll find yourself chiming in at times and then soon it will be easy.

To start, just click on the "chat" tab at the top of a page and the chat box should open on it's own. You will see a box - the top left will have the dialogue and and the bottom will be where your typing will show - you type then press "enter" or "return" for it to post!

On the right hand side you will see a list of all the chatters - including yourself!

Good luck and post on the MB status if you are having troubles. :)

PS Jode adds that you may have to give java permission to run -- it might ask you and it's safe and fine to say "Yes".

I put a post it note on my monitor to remind me about the chat. Hope I remember the chat and can get into the chat room. Sometimes I have a problem. Hope to see you all tonight.

Hi Carol, I have it on my list to remind you later! Oh gosh I do hope you can get in and the chat room and Jave behaves! See you then.. :)/>/>

PS and your Siggie is so pretty!

Thanks for your comments about my siggy. It was one I made last year, I think. I always seem to have problems with making a new one and then getting it uploaded. So I'll use this one unless I can create a new Autumn siggy.

Hi everyone - have an absolutely fabulous time at the chat - can't wait to hear about your discussions and see your layouts!

This took me slightly longer than I'd anticipated and didn't go the way I'd planned at all, but hey, I'm pleased with the end result and I've managed to get it posted in time! I'm off to bed now otherwise I've no hope of being able to look after a toddler tomorrow but I'm looking forward to checking the gallery in the morning.

Here's my layout:

First AJC

Hi Laura and Kay - (and anyone else!)

Let us know here in this thread if you need more help or direction, OK? Seriously, I start out clueless and frustrated myself each time, but it gets easier and the best thing is to START.

To help you along, you might want to read my explanations in the Thursday August Challenges found in these links --- some are repeats, but it explains Art Journaling a bit.

But, let us know if you have questions or need help. :)

Or on my layout I described how I started and created mine.

Art Journal Week 1

Art Journal Week 2

Art Journal Week 3

Art Journal Week 4

Art Journal Week 5

So I woke up this morning just after 3am wanting to join the chat but my bed was too snug and warm. disappearing-smilie.gif I'm sorry I missed the chat. Don't they record these chats? Is their any way the important points mentioned could be put into this thread? We might not touch on the same points at the next chat. That's still too far away. Sounds like it was a great chat.

It was a super chat! The important parts were the prompts and people's thoughts on what they got from Art Journalling - it was really interesting to see how people felt about AJ. Lots felt freedom in being able to scrap to no formula and using no photos, therapy in journaling deep feelings, discovery at what they found when they stopped and really delved into a topic, and most of all - fun! There are transcripts of the chat but really we didn't cover anything technical this time, mostly we talked about the principles as Marilyn outlines and ideas on ways to get started with the prompts... April manages transcripts so we would have to approach her :-).

A transcript of the chat would be great. In years past, a transcript was made and it was sent to those who were at the chat. There were over of us at the chat last night, and it went so fast I wasn't able to catch what was being said. I know there was a mention by someone about my cats and AJ, but it went the way of all good things. So a transcript would be great.

The chat was great and I thank everyone for their part and the lovely hostesses for trying to keep us reined in.

Oh my gosh the layouts in the Gallery from the AJ chat are amazing. I hope to get back by & by to comment but no time at present. I shouldn't even be on the computer. It was calling me though. Off to play with Mr Dyson. Play?????? Kay

Hi Laura and Kay - (and anyone else!)

Let us know here in this thread if you need more help or direction, OK? Seriously, I start out clueless and frustrated myself each time, but it gets easier and the best thing is to START.

To help you along, you might want to read my explanations in the Thursday August Challenges found in these links --- some are repeats, but it explains Art Journaling a bit.

But, let us know if you have questions or need help. :)/>

Or on my layout I described how I started and created mine.

Art Journal Week 1

Art Journal Week 2

Art Journal Week 3

Art Journal Week 4

Art Journal Week 5

Thank you, Marilyn. I'm excited about getting started, although it's going to have to be Fri/Sat. Busy week. Really enjoyed the chat. I'm enjoying the new creations being posted on the thread. Some beautiful stories.

Archived