Action: Tattered Photo 2 & 3

Barb Eugene

Looking at the boutique, there are 2 versions of these actions. One version only works in Photoshop CS. The other versions are designed to work in Photoshop Elements:

ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Tattered Photo 2 Photoshop Elements

ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Tattered Photo 3 Photoshop Elements

So make sure you have the right pack for your software.

The description says they work in versions 4-7, which was the highest version released at the time the actions were created (in 2009). They should work in later versions (8-11) as well.

I have got PSE11 and tried it the other day. I could not get it to work properly. Don't know if I just wasn't doing it right. Sorry. No help here.

Sorry you had problems Belle. Let's see if it's just the new version of PSE, then we can go from there.

I just purchased these actions and have been playing with them in PSE 11. I made sure to purchase the correct file. Even after I loaded the patterns using the preset manager, the action still did not work right. I probably should have waited to purchase until after Brandy's tester tried it out.

OK, I think I have this figured out for PSE 11.

I made sure my photo was sized as a 5 X 7 300 dpi. I then loaded the pattern files using the Preset Manager under the Edit tab.

The key is to select the correct pattern as the action is running. When the first pattern fill dialog box appears, be sure to click on the arrow next to the image of the pattern and select the pattern that goes with the action from the list that appears.

Archived