Setting Up Pse 11

Belle

I watched a video somewhere, I think maybe on FB, can't find it now. It showed how to set up the layer panel in PSE11 so that the Layers, Effects, Favorites and actions are all in the top row. I set mine up like that, it's so much easier. My PSE11 reset itself somehow, (always doing this) and now my settings are all back to factory settings. Does anybody know how to do this? It's so annoying, the settings are all back to cm instead of inches. I know how to do that but I have to keep redoing these things. Why does it happen. It happened with my PSE7 and PSE9 as well.

Hi Belle,

I'm not sure if this will be any help to you or not, but here is an older post with some information about customizing the workspace: Post #20. I'll look around and see if I can find anything else for you. HTH

I'm not sure where you may have seen the video and I don't have FB, so I can't help you with that - sorry. I don't know why/how the settings get changed either, but I'm sure it's annoying. Maybe someone else will have some ideas for you.

Oh Belle, you have come to my rescue! I've been playing with PSE 11 and HATE that I can't get to my Layers when I quickly grab and Effect or Action. Not to mention that I can't get mine to let me have each of my open files free-floating in the work space (all are stuck in tabs at the top). It's amazing how much of a difference these 2 inconveniences make to my scrapping pleasure. As they say, "Change is HARD!" BTW, there are many great new things about PSE 11 though. :D

Oh Belle, you have come to my rescue! I've been playing with PSE 11 and HATE that I can't get to my Layers when I quickly grab and Effect or Action. Not to mention that I can't get mine to let me have each of my open files free-floating in the work space (all are stuck in tabs at the top). It's amazing how much of a difference these 2 inconveniences make to my scrapping pleasure. As they say, "Change is HARD!" BTW, there are many great new things about PSE 11 though. biggrin.gif

Not to mention that I can't get mine to let me have each of my open files free-floating in the work space (all are stuck in tabs at the top). You can change this in the Edit>Preferences Menu. Check the 'Allow floating documents in Expert Mode.' Not sure if this is what you mean.

Thanks Theresa, that's what I was looking for. You can also drag the 'Actions' out of the 'More' box and add it to the custom work space. It makes working so much easier. party-smiley-048.gif

Glad I was able to help. Usually I either click the arrow next to the 'More' box and select Actions, or just go to Window>Actions, and my actions panel opens and I can just drag it to wherever I want it on the screen while I'm using it. I usually just keep it closed for general scrapping and open it when I need it. :)

Archived