New Laptop Decision

sec

I am getting ready to buy a new laptop. Definitely an Apple, but am not sure which one and how I should have it loaded. My desire is to have all my photos in one spot - plus all the scanned ones still to be done from the old albums. What are the recommendations from those of you using your laptops to work with photos? Thanks.

Congratulations on a new laptop! I always love getting new equipment! I keep all my photos and scrapping supplies on an external hard drive so that everything is in one place and doesn't slow down my laptop. I'm sure you'll get a lot of different responses because everyone does things a little differently. It may take awhile to see what works best for you. Enjoy your new laptop!

I have a MacBook Pro with a 1 GB hard drive. I keep the current year photos on the hard drive, but have them backed up on external HDs too. I've had bad experience with EHDs crashing, more so than computer HDs, so I don't regularly use them for scrapping and working with my photos. By the end of the year, I have about 160 - 170GB worth of photos. That's not really too much with the 1GB HD. I have about the same amount of scrapping supplies on the HD, but have more on EHDs. When I got my newest MacBook Pro, I decided not to go with the new solid state drives because I couldn't have that much space as with this one. It was a tough decision to not go with the latest and greatest. So far I've been happy with this decision.

Archived