Pse 12

angleigh

Adobe has been releasing a new version of Elements every September. From the little video clip on the website as to "What's New" it doesn't look like they have as many earth-shaking things this go-round as they did with 11. Since I didn't get 11, I'll probably spring for 12, but it may be a couple of months. Still paying off my new cell phone. :) I'll be anxious to hear what those that get it say.

I've used 11 since it was released, I love it and I'm perfectly happy with it. I'll see what others say about new features in 12, but for right now I'll just stick with 11.

i'm looking at it as well. wanted to download the free trial but nothing else happened. I tried to go to chat help but they are so busy. I wonder if that is why or if it had something to do with being on windows 8

OMG!! it was so easy to add my scripts and my layer effects!! I have been waiting for this forever!! I so love this so far!! I have been doing the guided stuff and it was so awesome!!

i'm looking at it as well. wanted to download the free trial but nothing else happened. I tried to go to chat help but they are so busy. I wonder if that is why or if it had something to do with being on windows 8

I had trouble downloading the trial version also. If kept asking me to sign in, and then it said that I was not connected to the internet, which I was. Finally managed to talk with someone and it was a data base file that need to be renamed and then it was okay.

I am with the group that is still figuring out 11! I finally figured out (thanks to scrapgirls) how to load in my styles - I think the puzzle pieces look cool but I plan to hold off

Of course I say that every time lol and then comes along a great sale...

SG has a great 'puzzle' embellishment template: Puzzle Check it out, I think you'll like it.

• 1 month later...

Adobe is having an upgrade sale for $49. I just downloaded it and am playing with it. In PSE 11 you were able to open the layers and styles in panels and show them both. I can't figure out how to do this in 12.

There are a couple of features that sound interesting but haven't played with them yet. Unfortunately, scrapbooking has been in the background with life taking over!

I downloaded the trial about 2 weeks ago. I didn't have 11, so it is really different. There are so many things that 10 didn't have. I have been watching the Creative Live videos and it gave me a lot of information (even though it is for photoshop). The coolest thing is the content aware tool.

There is a Creative Live class on Elements and I am seriously considering it.

Karen

Adobe is having an upgrade sale for $49. I just downloaded it and am playing with it. In PSE 11 you were able to open the layers and styles in panels and show them both. I can't figure out how to do this in 12.

There are a couple of features that sound interesting but haven't played with them yet. Unfortunately, scrapbooking has been in the background with life taking over!

Hi Margot. How are you doing? Haven't seen you in a long time.

You can open both the layers and styles in PSE12 just like you did in PSE11. It's the same method. Unfortunately my trial version of PSE12 has already expired or else I'd walk you through it.

Hi Margot. How are you doing? Haven't seen you in a long time.

You can open both the layers and styles in PSE12 just like you did in PSE11. It's the same method. Unfortunately my trial version of PSE12 has already expired or else I'd walk you through it.

Hi Carol,

Doing OK. How are you doing? Fran moved to Florida last November (her husband retired) and I haven't been doing much in digi scrapbooking this past year - lost my scrappin' buddy and been busy with my mother who is now 103 and still living home. Her friend, who I have responsibility for, is now in a nursing home with dementia. I finally figured out how to open both panels! If it wasn't for the e-mail special for $49., I probably wouldn't have upgraded. However, if I can figure out how to do a pet eye correct, I will like that plus a couple of other features.

Anyway, good to touch base with you. I may be around more with winter approaching, unless I go to Florida for 3 months (which is my plan) but we know how plans work out sometimes!

On the bright side - I have my calenders done for 2014 and am in the process of printing them - 33 total!

• 1 month later...

I just bought PSE 12 after having 7 for many years. This will be my first ever upgrade since starting digi scrapbooking....is this gonna be hard? I have had difficulty loading some styles and actions in the past.

I just bought PSE 12 after having 7 for many years. This will be my first ever upgrade since starting digi scrapbooking....is this gonna be hard? I have had difficulty loading some styles and actions in the past.

You will love PSE12. There is a learning curve but we are here to help with any questions you might have. Loading styles is very easy now. There is no database to reload every time. You can now load your styles one at a time with PSE up and running. Lots of other great features as well. Have fun learning the new version.

• 2 months later...

I just got PSE12 because I lost my gifted PS during a computer crash and couldn't replace..I hope I can catch on pretty soon as I am finding it hard to get used to... "can't teach an old lady new tricks" I guess. There are some really nice features so I will have to keep watching the tutorials till I get all the stuff I need.

I just got PSE12 because I lost my gifted PS during a computer crash and couldn't replace..I hope I can catch on pretty soon as I am finding it hard to get used to... "can't teach an old lady new tricks" I guess. There are some really nice features so I will have to keep watching the tutorials till I get all the stuff I need.

Hi Debby, please don't hesitate to post questions in the forum. I know there are a few members who use PSE 12 and I'm sure they would be willing to help. I use PSE 11 and I think there are only a few slight differences between 11 and 12, so I could probably help you some too. Another thing you may want to think about is the new class program: Learn Digital Scrapbooking Using Photoshop Elements. It was created with PSE 12 and it's a fantastic course. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived