My Text Is Backwards!

Terri M

I chose a template from Scrapsimple Digital Layout Templates: Texting.

Then I flipped it horizontally (left to right) because of the way my pictures are oriented. But when I type in the provided journaling spot, my words come out right to left.

I tried flipping just that one layer back again, but it doesn't seem to change.

Since I'm not journaling in Hebrew, this is not exactly the look I'm going for!

There must be some setting I'm just not finding. Any help?

I use Photoshop Elements 10.

OOOOHhhhhh.. Terri I have had that happen to me before too with a template and it's SO frustrating! I think I finally did what Jo suggested, but I will be watching this thread as there HAS to be a "better" way.. Doesn't there? :D

Actually, I think another time when that happened to me I saved my layout with a new name and closed the original template, then reopened it and dragged the text box over to me layout.

Sorry, though I can't remember if that worked but it might be worth a try for now. Good luck!

PS sorry, just rereading and I think that's what Tiza suggested also...

Thanks, I know I'd eventually have ended up doing one or the other of the suggestions above if I hadn't been rushing to get to work!

I was hoping maybe there was a text setting that I could just check off. It's actually pretty funny (for a few minutes)!

I'll rescue it when I get a few minutes.

This whole business of trying to scrap with 20 minutes here and 30 minutes there is not going so well. I'll need to take a day off work to deal with vacation wobbly-eyes.gif

I would be late for everything if I scrapped in 20 or 30 minute blocks! I admire you if you can do that!! I think you need a vacation day to scrap your vacation! Work wouldn't mind if you took off some more time, would they (lol)?

Sooty Terri, there isn,t a button to click to fix that one. I would suggest either of the above options, my preference being the drag the original text layer onto the flipped layout. Hope you get a bunch of time to do your scrapping. It is so hard to just switch off once you a in the zone.

Archived