Saturday 9/28 Color Challenge

alsoarty

Today I would like to tell you about Hue. Hue is one of the main properties of a color, defined technically as "the degree to which a stimulus can be described as similar to or different from stimuli that are described as re, green, blue, and yellow. (the unique hues). The other main correlatives of color appearance are colorfulness, chroma, saturation, lightness, and brightness.

Usually, colors with the same hue are distinguished with adjectives referring to their lightness and/or colorfulness, such as with "light blue", "pastel blue", "vivid blue". Exceptions include brown, which is a dark orange, and pink, a light red with reduced chroma.

In painting color theory, a hue refers to a pure color—one without tint or shade (added white or black pigment, respectively). A hue is an element of the color wheel . Hues are first processed in the brain in areas in the extended V4 called globs .

I did a search for color and brain - and found the Mercedez Bend AD that really is quite brilliant.

Today you are given a choice of 2 palettes, (or you can Decide if you are left or right brained. I am definitely right brained, with leanings towards some of the left brain, as I am sure a lot of us are. I like order, and the familiar. Perhaps that's just my OCD kicking in?)

I was inspired by a poster ad for Mercedez Benz. The poster is attached. I pulled colors from both sides of the brain, 4 colors on the right brain, and 3 colors on the left brain. I added a 3rd color as there are hints of spatter from the right brain... You decide. We will admire.

Please remember to post your layouts in the Saturday Color Challenge Gallery!

Wording on the ad is:

LEFT

I am the left brain.

I am a scientist. A mathematician.

I love the familiar.

I categorize. I am accurate.

Linear. Analytical. Strategic. I am practical.

Always in control. A master of words and language.

Realistic. I calculate equations and play with numbers.

I am ore. I am logic.

I know exactly who I am

RIGHT

I am the right brain.

I am creativity.

A free spirit. I am passion.

Yearning. Sensuality. I am the sound of roaring laughter.

I am taste. The feeling of sand beneath bare feet.

I am movement. Vivi colors.

I am boundless imagination. Art. Poetry. I sense. I feel.

I am everything I wanted to be.

Here is My Layout

post-19737-0-18980700-1380347546_thumb.jpg

post-19737-0-82288500-1380347556_thumb.jpg

I am so far right brained, that I will never come back. I am sensitive, I feel and sometimes I feel too much. I'm creative, spiritual, love the feel of sand under my feet and soft dirt. Love to hug trees. I am everything that left brained people are not. Although I do love Science, I hate Math as numbers don't make any sense to me (especially fractions).

The right brain colors are my favorites as they belong to Autumn, my favorite time of year.

Thanks for this great challenge.

Well I'm left-handed so doesn't that technically make me a Right Brain person? - but from those explanations I'm such a Left Brain person it's untrue. There's a hint of Right Brain in me - a little bit of creativity perhaps?! Wonderful challenge Andrea - I'm afraid I won't have time to join in this week but thanks for posting - I enjoyed reading it and seeing everyone else's layouts.

Archived