Scrap Simple Club

Deb C.

I thought I read a comment on here somewhere that the Scrap Simple Clubs are usually a little harder for beginners to use. I would love to order Armi's denim club kit, but am a little nervous about being able to use it. I've never used paper or embellishment templates before.

Thanks for your input.

Deb C.

I found Scrap Simple products really hard to use to start with, but with practice it got easier. There is usually more than one way to recolour them, each of us has a preferred method.

Scrap simple products are so versatile, you can colour them any colour you need. Whenever I can't find an embellishment in the colour I need I look to my SS files.

Don't forget there are so many of us who can help you to learn, point you to tutorials and encourage you to keep going.

The Saturday challenge is really good to use for practicing, that's what I used to get me started.

Valerie's right. I think everyone is intimidated at first, but once you get the hang of it, SS products can be that missing piece in a layout. Also, Armi's Club might be a good place to start out. The denim is pretty straightforward to color and she includes a couple of tutorials to help get you started.

The designers include 2 tutorials with each club that include great tips on using the products. Also, there is an article in the newsletter once a month specifically on each club selection.

It can be intimidating if you look at it as a complete collection, like the SG Club. I tend to view it as supplemental to my finished products that I already own. In other words, I rarely have an all SS Product layout, but I often have an added SS embellishment, paper or alpha to most of my layouts.

Give it a try, we are always here to help you!

Deb,

All the ladies gave great advice! Add me to the long list of those who were first intimidated by ScrapSimple Products:)But like everybody says, once you get the hang of it, it's quite rewarding to be able to customize the templates to your liking. I hope you give SS products a try. And always, if you ever have any questions you can pm me or ask through the MB. We'll do our best to help you!

With the resources available here, like Carla mentioned, plus all the helpful members ready to answer your questions, ScrapSimple products will soon be some of your favorite products you own! They're so versatile and once you get the hang of them, you'll wonder what took you so long to try them out, I promise! :)

I suggest taking one product out of the club and focus on learning everything you can about it. I'd say the paper templates are easiest to start with, and make sure you download the handbook Carla linked, as it will help you with step-by-step instructions. And then the sky is the limit! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived