Resizing Scrapbook Layouts

lori92760

in yesterdays blog there was instruction on how to do this. what am I doing wrong? when I resize the canvas, it resizes but the template does not. it just sits in the middle of the canvas being difficult. am I supposed to stretch it to fit? this sounded so simple and go figure that I cant figure it out!

Lor, use "Image Size" instead. That will re-size everything. Just be careful, it will stretch things awkwardly if you don't check "constrain proportions" at the bottom.

Hi Lor, sorry for late reply, I am in Australia and often sleeping when these posts are added :-(

I have checked through my steps and I think it is what Monica says, IMAGE size will resize the template while CANVAS size will resize the background... They need to be done separately...

Please email me if you need help, jode2771@gmail.com :-)

Jody

• 2 weeks later...

sorry it took so long to get back here. my daughter got married and I hosted 200 of my nearest and dearest and then 5 days later got ordained, so I have been busy.

still not sure what the heck I am doing or why I just don't stretch and squish. I did choose image size, even though the tutorial said canvas size, and that worked but how is that different from just using putting the template on the size page you want and "manually" make it fit?

...I did choose image size, even though the tutorial said canvas size, and that worked but how is that different from just using putting the template on the size page you want and "manually" make it fit?

The number one reason for resizing a layout is to have a web friendly version for shared viewing. Although you could start with this size when you start your design, you would give up the ability to print your layout. High quality prints require high resolution files. Web versions simply don't have enough pixels to make a high quality print.

edited: Oops, sorry, this reply may have nothing to do with your question. It appears you mean you want to change the layout proportions, like from 12x12 to 8x10 for example.

Archived