Using Scrapsimple Templates In Cm Storybook Creator

I am fairly new to digital scrapbooking. I purchased a ScrapSimple template and am having problems using it in StoryBook Creator 4.0 by Creative Memories. I know I have to use the "png" file, but I can't get it to work. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any advice would be very much appreciated! Thank you so much!

I purchased the ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Quilt Patterns. I downloaded them and imported them into SB. First of all, I am wondering if I put them in the right location? I put them under the paper category because I was unsure where I could save templates from outside sources? And, I imported the "png" files, knowing that the psd won't work with SB.

When I add the "paper" (template) to my page, I can't do anything with it. I thought I could "click" on an area of the quilt and change the paper, etc. When I click anywhere on the page, it just highlights the entire page.

Sorry....this is all new to me and I have only worked with a few click and fill pages by CM. Wanted to try something new and was intrigued by the cool layouts done with these templates.

So again, any help would be appreciated!

I'm not familiar with the CM software, but I wonder if you imported the composite image. You are correct that you need to use the PNGs, but you want all of the individual files stacked up.

If you're not wedded to the CM software, you might consider downloading CS2. Adobe is offering it for free. Then you can use the templates as is. CS2 Downloads (You'll have to make a free Adobe account.)

Hi, LearningToDigi,

If Creative Memories program is similar to My Memories program (which I have), then you cannot use ScrapSimple templates in it. I don't think CM can do "clipping masks" which is essential for using the SS templates.

You can however, import papers and embellishments from the Boutique, and size and position them in the CM program.

Archived