#1 jhbren

jhbren

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hi, fellow Mac addicts!

This morning, iPhoto displayed a message that there were inconsistencies in the file, and wanted me to click repair. This has happened before, and repair worked fine, although I have no idea what inconsistencies were at fault.
Today, when the repair was apparently finished, the library said it contained no photos! This is the library where I store marketing images of all my products, to make selecting papers, etc easier. Since I have Time Machine, I was able to restore the file from yesterday, and only need to replace two small collections. But I wonder if others have had this happen, and have any idea what causes it, or how to prevent it. It's just a bit scary when that empty library stares at me! If it were a photo library, I think I'd panic!

gallery_3248_66_75994.png

My gallery

#2 MariJ

MariJ

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,766 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Oh my I got scared just reading this, Jo -- Wow, that's awful! I have a mac for about 5 years now but have never had that happen or seen that message. I'm going to poke around the internet a bit and see if I can find something. Whew, so glad your photos are ok! :)

gallery_19549_358_47577.png
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#3 MariJ

MariJ

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,766 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Hi Jo
I did a search and read some info, but it's way too complicated for me to understand or explain.
One thing I did notice was, have you updated your computer regularly so if there was an update to iPhoto it was updated? If not, it may need to be.

gallery_19549_358_47577.png
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#4 jhbren

jhbren

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

Thanks for checking, Marilyn. The only updates to Mac that have popped up on my regular check are for iMovie, which I don't use, so I declined. But I'll check to see if I missed something.

gallery_3248_66_75994.png

My gallery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users