Important Forum Announcement

April Showers

We are preparing for an upcoming forum software upgrade. In order to make the process run more smoothly, we are cleaning up and simplifying the Scrap Girls Forum & Gallery categories. We will be removing some of our old and outdated Forums and Galleries to make information easier to find in the future.

We will be eliminating the Private Online Training Forums. If you have taken boutique classes, be sure to save any information from the class forums you would like to keep to your computer before November15, 2013. If there are other forum topics you regularly refer to, it is advisable to copy those to your computer as well.

If you would like to save layouts you have posted in any of the galleries listed below, please copy them to your hard drive or move them to another category before November 15, 2013. If there are no sub-categories listed, the entire category will be eliminated, otherwise just the sub-categories listed will be eliminated and the main category will remain unless otherwise noted.

You may also want to check your "favorites" to see if any are in these categories.

The Gallery categories we will be eliminating are listed below:

• Monthly Digital Scrapbooking Layout Contest Galleries - prior to January 1, 2009

• Scrap Girls Challenges

General Message Board Challenges prior to January 1, 2011

Art Inspiration Challenges

Sketch Challenges

Use a Beatles Song to Inspire You

• Scrap Girls Weekly & Monthly Crops & Chats > Retired Chats

Ad Inspiration Challenges

Book Club Layout Gallery

Journaling Chat

Emphasis on Embellishments

Keeping Current Challenge

Paint Shop Pro Support Group

Photo Focus Club Layouts

Photo Focus Image Gallery

Scraplift Crop Gallery

"ScrapSimple Use It" Monthly Chat & Challenge

Secret Pal Layouts

Textile Challenge

Unfinished Objects Layouts

Word Art Challenges

• Scrap Girls Events, Challenges & Contests

Blessings Gallery

Your First Layout Ever

Journey of Faith

Past Events 2008 and older

• Crafts, Calendars, Hybrid & Other Projects

Tips and Techniques

Just because you felt like having fun

Home Decorating

• Help, I'm Stuck!

• Members' Gallery of Digital Scrapbooking Layouts not updated since Jan 1, 2009- if you have an older album in this category you would like to keep, please April Showers know!

• Members' Gallery of Digital Scrapbooking Albums not updated since Jan 1, 2009- if you have an older album in this category you would like to keep, please April Showers know!

• Scrap Girls Classes and any sub-categories

• Scrap Girls Boutique Classes and all sub-categories

• Connections Live 2009 - Convention Attendees (Private)

We realize that eliminating forums and galleries will change your gallery and total post counts. We will record the forum post counts before deleting the galleries. We can restore your total post count, but your gallery post count will probably go down. This is currently scheduled for midnight November 15, 2013. You may make a note of your own gallery post count for your records.

I know that this might sound stupid, but how do you save all of the information about the layout to your computer and not just the layout itself.

Which information? Any EXIF data should save with it.

If you want the information in the description and comments, try printing the page to a pdf printer. I just tried it and it worked for me.

How do I find out how many gallery comments I've made (as opposed to # of forum posts)?

Hi Tina, here's a link to how to find the number of gallery comments you've made: Post #32 HTH

I've taken a few classes through the boutique and thought I'd take a look at the private gallery and forum for one class "Creating Photo Art."

When I click on the link to the gallery, this message pops up:

#1077 Sorry, but you don't have permission

When I click on the link to the forum, this comes up:

#10333 We could not find the forum you were attempting to view

I've taken a few classes through the boutique and thought I'd take a look at the private gallery and forum for one class "Creating Photo Art."

When I click on the link to the gallery, this message pops up:

#1077 Sorry, but you don't have permission

When I click on the link to the forum, this comes up:

#10333 We could not find the forum you were attempting to view

I will go in and make sure those classes are visible to those who took them.

You should be able to see it now. Let me know if you still have trouble.

WOW. This is a BIG project. Thanks April for the heads-up!

If I move a LO from one gallery to another, do the comments go with it?

Yes, the comments will go with it.

Am I understanding correctly that SG will keep member galleries started after 2009? I'm trying to find a spot for my layouts and am not sure where to move them to. I thought about starting a member gallery and moving them there, but the option of moving them to a member gallery appears grayed out.

Am I understanding correctly that SG will keep member galleries started after 2009? I'm trying to find a spot for my layouts and am not sure where to move them to. I thought about starting a member gallery and moving them there, but the option of moving them to a member gallery appears grayed out.

I am using the "last edited" date on each album to determine which ones to keep in the Member Gallery Section. If you have an older album you would like to keep, just let me know and I won't delete it.

The only exception is if I find member albums that are empty. I'll be deleting them regardless of the date.

Just verifying...the "ScrapGirls 52" category is safe? It's in the "2009 Events" section of "Scrap Girls Special Events, Challenges and Contests."

I can't get into Connections Live 2009...can you check on that for me?

Just verifying...the "ScrapGirls 52" category is safe? It's in the "2009 Events" section of "Scrap Girls Special Events, Challenges and Contests."

I can't get into Connections Live 2009...can you check on that for me?

The ScrapGirls 52 category will stay.

You may have designer and layout artist layouts floating loose in the Member Gallery section. Try clicking on a few of your old team layouts and see where they are.

I can't get into the Convention gallery either... and I know I have the password right. I'll check the permissions on it later today.

Hmmm...I don't recall the password at all. Maybe you can pm it to me?

Yep...I had a lot of floaters. lol I found them homes.

General question...I have quite a number of layouts of me and my sweetie. I put them in "general family."

I wish there was a category for marriage or spouse or romantic, etc. We've got the kids covered, general family, extended family, heritage family...

but no spouses. Any chance of that?

Hmmm...I don't recall the password at all. Maybe you can pm it to me?

Yep...I had a lot of floaters. lol I found them homes.

General question...I have quite a number of layouts of me and my sweetie. I put them in "general family."

I wish there was a category for marriage or spouse or romantic, etc. We've got the kids covered, general family, extended family, heritage family...

but no spouses. Any chance of that?

I was actually planning to combine a few of those existing categories. I've combined several already, so adding new ones wasn't really in my simplification plan.

We are replacing the General MB Challenges with specific daily challenge galleries, so those would be the only new additions.

I have a question. Is there any way to speed up this process? I'm in the process of moving one LO at a time from the various galleries they are in (sketch challenge, journaling chat, etc.) to my personal gallery. Is there a way to select more than one LO at a time to move to a common album. Asking hopefully!

I have a question. Is there any way to speed up this process? I'm in the process of moving one LO at a time from the various galleries they are in (sketch challenge, journaling chat, etc.) to my personal gallery. Is there a way to select more than one LO at a time to move to a common album. Asking hopefully!

I know I can, but I think maybe it is a moderator thing.

Are there any tips for finding older layouts that are languishing in these galleries? When I click on "gallery" from my member page, it doesn't go back very far. At one time I thought I could see all of them from there??? thanks!

Are there any tips for finding older layouts that are languishing in these galleries? When I click on "gallery" from my member page, it doesn't go back very far. At one time I thought I could see all of them from there??? thanks!

Click on "My Gallery" in the dropdown at the top right of the page - next to your profile photo. That will show all your posted layouts.

Click on "My Gallery" in the dropdown at the top right of the page - next to your profile photo. That will show all your posted layouts.

When I click on the arrow, the dropdown menu appears all right, but if I move the mouse it collapses and won't allow me to select any of the options. I thought it might be a pen tablet problem, but it also happens with my mouse. Any suggestions? (grrrr....) thanks!

When I click on the arrow, the dropdown menu appears all right, but if I move the mouse it collapses and won't allow me to select any of the options. I thought it might be a pen tablet problem, but it also happens with my mouse. Any suggestions? (grrrr....) thanks!

Hi Gayle, I used to have that problem when I used Internet Explorer. I switched to Firefox and that solved the problem. I think if you are using IE, you can also try clicking on the Compatibility View icon in the address bar. I think that may work too. Maybe someone else will have some other ideas for you... HTH

Archived