Important Forum Announcement

April Showers

Are there any tips for finding older layouts that are languishing in these galleries? When I click on "gallery" from my member page, it doesn't go back very far. At one time I thought I could see all of them from there??? thanks!

Click on "My Gallery" in the dropdown at the top right of the page - next to your profile photo. That will show all your posted layouts.

When I click on the arrow, the dropdown menu appears all right, but if I move the mouse it collapses and won't allow me to select any of the options. I thought it might be a pen tablet problem, but it also happens with my mouse. Any suggestions? (grrrr....) thanks!

Hi Gayle, I used to have that problem when I used Internet Explorer. I switched to Firefox and that solved the problem. I think if you are using IE, you can also try clicking on the Compatibility View icon in the address bar. I think that may work too. Maybe someone else will have some other ideas for you... HTH

That fixed it! Thanks!

Are there any tips for finding older layouts that are languishing in these galleries? When I click on "gallery" from my member page, it doesn't go back very far. At one time I thought I could see all of them from there??? thanks!

Click on "My Gallery" in the dropdown at the top right of the page - next to your profile photo. That will show all your posted layouts.

When I click on the arrow, the dropdown menu appears all right, but if I move the mouse it collapses and won't allow me to select any of the options. I thought it might be a pen tablet problem, but it also happens with my mouse. Any suggestions? (grrrr....) thanks!

Hi Gayle, I used to have that problem when I used Internet Explorer. I switched to Firefox and that solved the problem. I think if you are using IE, you can also try clicking on the Compatibility View icon in the address bar. I think that may work too. Maybe someone else will have some other ideas for you... HTH

That fixed it! Thanks!

Glad you got it fixed Gayle! ;)

I'm confused. People are talking about moving their layouts to other galleries. If the layout is pre 2009, where else can you put them so that they don't get deleted?

I've been moving mine to whatever gallery is appropriate for the layout as long as it is a gallery that is not being deleted. The only ones being deleted are the ones April listed in her opening post. HTH

What about the Saturday Color Challenge? Is that considered 'General Message Board Challenges'?

No. The Saturday Color Challenge has its own gallery and is separate from General Message Board Challenges. HTH

What about the Saturday Color Challenge? Is that considered 'General Message Board Challenges'?

Nope, it is its own gallery already.

The General Message Board Challenge Gallery is going away. I've already moved all the layouts from 2012-2013 to the new daily challenge categories (as best I could). Sometimes I had to guess. :) If you would like to save a layout from 2011 and earlier from that gallery, you will need to move it to another gallery. If it is Tuesday Freebie Challenge layout, move it to that category. The Friday challenge used to be Customer Submitted, and I still put those in the Friday category even though the challenge has changed.

Like Theresa said, I won't be clearing out all the galleries of layouts before 2009. If the gallery isn't on the list, it will stay the same.

Let me know if you have more questions.

April I took a "Who I Am - Right Now" class -- my first ScrapGirls venture. I've never been able to find that Gallery, is it around here someplace? It had to be April/May 2010. Thanks!

I missed turning that Gallery on. Sorry about that! You should be able to see it now.

Thanks! April. I've never been able to find that one! :)

The General Message Board Challenge Gallery is going away. I've already moved all the layouts from 2012-2013 to the new daily challenge categories (as best I could). Sometimes I had to guess. :)/> If you would like to save a layout from 2011 and earlier from that gallery, you will need to move it to another gallery. If it is Tuesday Freebie Challenge layout, move it to that category. The Friday challenge used to be Customer Submitted, and I still put those in the Friday category even though the challenge has changed.

Like Theresa said, I won't be clearing out all the galleries of layouts before 2009. If the gallery isn't on the list, it will stay the same.

Ok, sorry now I am confused. I thought the General Message Board was being cleared "General Message Board Challenges prior to January 1, 2011" as said in the announcement. Doesn't that mean that all of 2011 should still be there and only layouts prior to Jan 1 2011 would be purged?

The General Message Board Challenge Gallery is going away. I've already moved all the layouts from 2012-2013 to the new daily challenge categories (as best I could). Sometimes I had to guess. :)/>/>/> If you would like to save a layout from 2011 and earlier from that gallery, you will need to move it to another gallery. If it is Tuesday Freebie Challenge layout, move it to that category. The Friday challenge used to be Customer Submitted, and I still put those in the Friday category even though the challenge has changed.

Ok, sorry now I am confused. I thought the General Message Board was being cleared "General Message Board Challenges prior to January 1, 2011" as said in the announcement. Doesn't that mean that all of 2011 should still be there and only layouts prior to Jan 1 2011 would be purged?

Hmmmm Marilyn, now I'm wondering the same thing. :dunno:

So far I've left all of my 2011 layouts that are in the gallery for General Message Board Challenges where they are. I guess we need some clarification from April.

The General Message Board Challenge Gallery is going away. I've already moved all the layouts from 2012-2013 to the new daily challenge categories (as best I could). Sometimes I had to guess. :)/>/>/>/> If you would like to save a layout from 2011 and earlier from that gallery, you will need to move it to another gallery. If it is Tuesday Freebie Challenge layout, move it to that category. The Friday challenge used to be Customer Submitted, and I still put those in the Friday category even though the challenge has changed.

Hmmmm Marilyn, now I'm wondering the same thing. :dunno:/>

So far I've left all of my 2011 layouts that are in the gallery for General Message Board Challenges where they are. I guess we need some clarification from April.

Yes, I panicked right now when I saw all of 2011 so I started moving some but it was so slow going and I only got backwards to september.

The General Message Board Challenge Gallery is going away. I've already moved all the layouts from 2012-2013 to the new daily challenge categories (as best I could). Sometimes I had to guess. smile.gif/> If you would like to save a layout from 2011 and earlier from that gallery, you will need to move it to another gallery. If it is Tuesday Freebie Challenge layout, move it to that category. The Friday challenge used to be Customer Submitted, and I still put those in the Friday category even though the challenge has changed.

Darn, that means I'm not finished.Guess I should have had that open in front of me. Sorry about that.

So, do we need to move our 2011 LOs that are in the General Message Board Challenges gallery?

Like Marilyn, I thought only the ones prior to Jan 1, 2011 were being deleted, so I haven't moved any of mine yet. Do I need to move them?

So, do we need to move our 2011 LOs that are in the General Message Board Challenges gallery?

Like Marilyn, I thought only the ones prior to Jan 1, 2011 were being deleted, so I haven't moved any of mine yet. Do I need to move them?

Well, if you do it will save me some time. :D I can get to them though.

Well, if you do it will save me some time. :D I can get to them though.

No problem for me to move them - I was confused because your opening post says the ones being deleted are General Message Board Challenges prior to January 1, 2011.

I'll go back and move all of my 2011 General Message Board Challenges. Thanks April! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up! Is there a maximum number of layouts per album? I don't want to lose any of my albums, but there are a couple from 2008. They're sorted, but I can consolidate the older ones if it helps to clean up my space, and if I know how many I can put in each album I can sort more efficiently. :-)

Heather

Thanks for the heads up! Is there a maximum number of layouts per album? I don't want to lose any of my albums, but there are a couple from 2008. They're sorted, but I can consolidate the older ones if it helps to clean up my space, and if I know how many I can put in each album I can sort more efficiently. :-)

Heather

I don't believe there is a maximum number of images for each album, but you can just let me know the names of the albums you would like to keep. If it is all of them, that works too.

Heather

I don't believe there is a maximum number of images for each album, but you can just let me know the names of the albums you would like to keep. If it is all of them, that works too.

Thanks, April! I would like to keep all of them please. I will try to get in and organize/consolodate them soon, but if I know they aren't going anywhere that will relieve the pressure. :-)

Heather

Thanks, April! I would like to keep all of them please. I will try to get in and organize/consolodate them soon, but if I know they aren't going anywhere that will relieve the pressure. :-)

Great, I'll add that to my list.

I have one question: Since all of our layouts are also in our 'My Gallery' do they stay there, or are they deleted as well?

When you click on "My Gallery" it shows all your layouts no matter the gallery. If they are in the specified galleries, they will be deleted unless they are moved to another gallery that is staying.

Thanks April. I thought that would happen. I believe that I got all my layouts moved that I wanted to save. I lost a lot of my early layouts from before 2010 when my pc crashed last year. This way, at least I'll have the layout saved here at SG in case I want to redo the layout.

Were we supposed to specify we wanted our personal galleries kept? Would have thought that was obvious.

Any personal (member) galleries that haven't been updated since Jan 1 2009 were on the deletion list.

We aren't sure why the images in the remaining galleries aren't showing.

Wendee is working on it and hopes to be able to restore the images to the gallery from the back-up.

Archived