4 replies to this topic

#1 notsosavvy

notsosavvy

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

I have a new computer with windows 8. When I delete anything from folders there is no ask "are you sure you want to delete this" Is there a way to add this work around or anything? Sometimes I delete by mistake. I know I can go to view and undo,but why did they take caution this away?Thanks for any help.

#2 anemone1983

anemone1983

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

I've had Win 8 for a while, but I guess I never deleted a file! Or perhaps I didn't notice. Through a Google search, I found this response to your question. Sorry it's not better news, but there is still the confirmation when you empty your trash. HTH.
Michele

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 notsosavvy

notsosavvy

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

I've had Win 8 for a while, but I guess I never deleted a file! Or perhaps I didn't notice. Through a Google search, I found this response to your question. Sorry it's not better news, but there is still the confirmation when you empty your trash. HTH.

#4 notsosavvy

notsosavvy

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

Thank you so much for the info and link. That's too bad,I always appreciated that.Would have been nice if we were given an option to have it or not. But I guess the the developer knows what we need better than we do.I'll have to be more careful.

#5 sudomark3

sudomark3

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

The delete confirmation dialog was removed by microsoft after lots of user request. But don't worry you can find all your files in recycle bin just check your deleted files there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users