New Favorites

Ande43

Gosh what an addiction this reading is....I think it always was for me. Living in a small town I can remember as a child ordering books from the State Library in Bismark and getting huge boxes in the mail...and of course it took me no time to read them. Dad was always lugging those boxes back and forth to the post office.

I just read "The Reunion by Dan Walsh" and it was just wonderful. Anyone else read his books....as soon as I finish it I got "The Discovery" and "The Unfinished Gift" LOVED them all....Check them out

Also love Lynn Austins Books......a lot of hers take place in the early 1900 or during WWII often span several generations of a family. Loved A Womans Place....about 4 women who get jobs in a factory during WWII....a retired teacher, girl right out of high school, a stay at home wife, and a newly married young woman who's husband has just shipped out. .............Her fiction based on the Bible are Very interesting too....loved those as well.

The last time I posted I had just gotten a Nook....since then I got a Kindle Fire HD also and oh gosh...after taking advantage of all the Freebies online I will not live long enough to read them all LOL..........4389 books on my Kindle and 532 on my Nook. I had the intent of just dumping them if they did not grab me right away, but have yet to find one that was not really good.

I love my KIndle and also have lots of freebies. Will take me ages to read them all. I have not read any of the authors that you have mentioned.

Check them out Belle...they are so good!!!

I have read some Lynn Austin, the Refiner's Fire trilogy...very good! I enjoy checking books out from the library on my Kindle!!

I love the library feature too....so easy and NO late fees....I always had to pay late fees LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like Christian fiction? Read author Rose Ross Zediker. Excellent books.

Just got one of hers.....looks really good....a lot of them do....Oh my I will never live long enough to real all I have here LOL....Seriously!! Say hi neighbor....I'm from North Dakota Laura

• 4 weeks later...

Gosh what an addiction this reading is....I think it always was for me. Living in a small town I can remember as a child ordering books from the State Library in Bismark and getting huge boxes in the mail...and of course it took me no time to read them. Dad was always lugging those boxes back and forth to the post office.

I just read "The Reunion by Dan Walsh" and it was just wonderful. Anyone else read his books....as soon as I finish it I got "The Discovery" and "The Unfinished Gift" LOVED them all....Check them out

Also love Lynn Austins Books......a lot of hers take place in the early 1900 or during WWII often span several generations of a family. Loved A Womans Place....about 4 women who get jobs in a factory during WWII....a retired teacher, girl right out of high school, a stay at home wife, and a newly married young woman who's husband has just shipped out. .............Her fiction based on the Bible are Very interesting too....loved those as well.

The last time I posted I had just gotten a Nook....since then I got a Kindle Fire HD also and oh gosh...after taking advantage of all the Freebies online I will not live long enough to read them all LOL..........4389 books on my Kindle and 532 on my Nook. I had the intent of just dumping them if they did not grab me right away, but have yet to find one that was not really good.

Where do you find the free books? I returned my Kindle Fire HD because I never found free ones.

Like Christian fiction? Read author Rose Ross Zediker. Excellent books.

Just got one of hers.....looks really good....a lot of them do....Oh my I will never live long enough to real all I have here LOL....Seriously!! Say hi neighbor....I'm from North Dakota Laura

Hi, Neighbor! Hope you're staying warm as we are trying to do! Good time to stay warm by getting cozy with a good book!

Where do you find the free books? I returned my Kindle Fire HD because I never found free ones.

Book Bub is a good source. And my library has an amazing collection of e-books and Kindle books. Sometimes I have to,wait a couple of weeks for a title, but with so many free ones from Book Bub, I'm never without something to read.

I'm never without a book of some sort in my hands - be it a hard copy or on my IPad - I guess because of my hubby's job I read a lot of murder mysteries and true stories - then I bombard Rich with questions like "how could they do that and get way with it". He is so not a reader so my questions do get him interested in the story and he almost always wants to hear more,

Oh, and quite often I can be found playing Solitaire on my IPad - is that a good thing or a bad thing, y'all think?

I'm never without a book of some sort in my hands - be it a hard copy or on my IPad - I guess because of my hubby's job I read a lot of murder mysteries and true stories - then I bombard Rich with questions like "how could they do that and get way with it". He is so not a reader so my questions do get him interested in the story and he almost always wants to hear more,

Oh, and quite often I can be found playing Solitaire on my IPad - is that a good thing or a bad thing, y'all think?

If you like murder mysteries, have you ever read anything from Christian author Terri Blackstock? Her NewPointe 911 series got me hooked on her. There are 5 books in this series and it covers the police and fire department of this little town in Louisiana. All 5 books keep you on the edge of your seat and you don't want to put them down!!

If you like murder mysteries, have you ever read anything from Christian author Terri Blackstock? Her NewPointe 911 series got me hooked on her. There are 5 books in this series and it covers the police and fire department of this little town in Louisiana. All 5 books keep you on the edge of your seat and you don't want to put them down!!

Will have to check her out.....I am really hooked on the Vince Flynn books too.....they are can't put down type too....

• 2 weeks later...

I have always loved reading too. As a matter of fact that is how I decided that I was truly in love with my husband (almost 46 years!). When I was out on a date with him, I never wished I was home reading a good book! Now, though, scrapping gets in the way of my reading - sometimes I would even rather be scrapping than out with him! LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

What I'm reading may not be of interest to y'all here but as an LEO wife, this book is a good read! It's spot on for the lives we lead as LEO wives and I'm loving reading it. It's called Bullets in the Washing Machine written by an LEO wife.

Yes! Yes, I have, Lei! I loved that series of books! I bought them, loaned them out and they've now been re-loaned a couple of times!

• 1 month later...

Faye Kellerman, Tess Gerritsen, Perri O'Shaughnessy, Linda Fairstein, Lisa Scottoline, Karin Slaughter, Catherine Coulter

Jane Whitefield is a detective (not really a detective - she helps people to disappear) in a series of books by American mystery novelist Thomas Perry (awesome , start with the 1st one)

The authors themselves have interesting stories ... former doctors, reporters, court advocates

Can you tell I like mysteries

• 2 months later...

Yes! Yes, I have, Lei! I loved that series of books! I bought them, loaned them out and they've now been re-loaned a couple of times!

I love good murder mysteries! I just read an excerpt from one of these and it sounds really good - I guess I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the info ladies! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I read incessantly - there are books by my bed, in the bathroom, on shelves in every room, on my Kindle . . . Currently I'm about half way through Elizabeth Gilberts "The Signature of All Things." It's a LONG book, full of rather dense text, set in late 1700s through mid 1800s (or later - not done yet.) The protagonist, once we actually get to her, is a self-taught botanist, and there's a lot of descriptions of her work processes. I plodded through the first 20% (Kindle - no page numbers), but now I'm hooked. I did not yet read "Eat, Pray, Love" but may try it.

I love techno-thrillers and since Tom Clancy passed away I've been discovering other authors of this genre. I recently read David Baldacci's Will Robie Series. Great read! I also recently discovered Brad Thor, another author of this genre. I've started his Scot Harvath Series.

• 2 weeks later...

I love good murder mysteries! I just read an excerpt from one of these and it sounds really good - I guess I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the info ladies! :)

I tried our local library for the NewPointe 911 series,after reading about how much you all enjoyed Terry Blackstock's books, but they haven't got it on the shelves, they are looking into it.

I read incessantly - there are books by my bed, in the bathroom, on shelves in every room, on my Kindle . . . Currently I'm about half way through Elizabeth Gilberts "The Signature of All Things." It's a LONG book, full of rather dense text, set in late 1700s through mid 1800s (or later - not done yet.) The protagonist, once we actually get to her, is a self-taught botanist, and there's a lot of descriptions of her work processes. I plodded through the first 20% (Kindle - no page numbers), but now I'm hooked. I did not yet read "Eat, Pray, Love" but may try it.

I loved The Signature of all Things - my fav librarian here in town recommended it to me after she read it.

I just finished Deborah Harkness' A Discovery of Witches (first in a trilogy - the third just came out this summer). I can't wait to get to the next one!

And, it's finally my turn for the latest Diana Gabaldon novel in the Outlander series. I've been on hold for it at the library since a few weeks before it was released in June.

I love techno-thrillers and since Tom Clancy passed away I've been discovering other authors of this genre. I recently read David Baldacci's Will Robie Series. Great read! I also recently discovered Brad Thor, another author of this genre. I've started his Scot Harvath Series.

Have you read any Neal Stephenson? He's got several excellent techno thrillers. After I read his first one I learned his mother is my adult Sunday School teacher at our church. Very cool:) (Pretty much my only claim to fame;) lol

Have you read any Neal Stephenson? He's got several excellent techno thrillers. After I read his first one I learned his mother is my adult Sunday School teacher at our church. Very cool:) (Pretty much my only claim to fame;) lol

No I haven't heard of him Cheri. I will check his books out. Wow, how cool is that, knowing his mom! Thanks for the recommendation!

Archived