Mess Or Masterpiece Chat And Challenge

ValerieT

Join Valerie (ValerieT) and Marilyn (MariJ)for a digital scrapbooking crop that will get you laughing while you create a layout with the "ingredients" you'll take out of your folders as directed. Luck will determine if each layout is a mess or a masterpiece.

This time I have made a couple of minor changes to how I selected the folders and what "ingredients" you get. I'll explain in the chat and later in this thread.

During the chat I will give you directions on how to find the supplies you will be using for your layout. After the chat I will update this thread with your "ingredients" for everyone.

Remember this is meant to be a fun challenge, however there are a few rules.

You can not use blending modes (overlay, soft light, multiply, etc.).

You can not change the colour of any Paper, Embellishment, Alpha or Style

You can add journalling.

You can not add any extra items, but you may duplicate items.

Every item must be visible.

You can change your photo to black and white or sepia if you'd like (unless you get a photo style).

You can crop your photo if you'd like.

You can not change your style in any way.

The only other style you may use is drop shadows.

This year you get to use one style in addition to your shadows, but you can't change the style in any way.

The folder and item numbers are not randomly generated, everyone is either related to Scrap Girls or the number 9.

Here are your ingredients:

Photo

Folder 20; Photo 04 (It's the 9th Anniversary after all)

Papers

Folder 9; Paper 18

Folder 29; Paper 36

Folder 49; Paper 54

Embellishments

Folder 19; Emb 27

Folder 39; Emb 45

Folder 59; Emb 63

Folder 79; Emb 81

Folder 99; Emb 108

Alpha

Alpha 37 (There are currently 37 Designers here at Scrap Girls)

You must use at least one letter or number.

Brush Set

Brush Set 30 (There are currently 30 Members of the Creative Team and Welcoming Committee)

You must use at least one brush from the set.

Style

Style/Style Set 7 (There are currently 7 People for Customer Support and other Staff)

Remember you can't alter your style in anyway.

Those who post their Messy Masterpieces in the Anniversary Week - 2013 Gallery before 12 Midnight on Wednesday 23rd October will be entered into a random drawing to win a prize.

Come join us from some silly fun.

Sorry I can't make it to the chat Valerie but I do love the Mess or Masterpiece Challenge so will hopefully manage to do a page. Maybe not by 23rd but who knows. Look forward to it. Kay

Valerie - a quick question as I'm putting all my stuff together... we can't change the color of any of our required elements, but if we have a style that changes embellishments, can we apply that?

If you have a style that changes embellishments you can use it. Don't forget you can use your style on your brush, or maybe on journalling, or your title.

OK it's dinner time here. I will check back before I go to bed if anyone has any questions and I'll be around tomorrow.

Marilyn is also around if you need any help.

Thanks Valerie for the fun chat! I ended up with a Christmas paper, hmm. Can I crop the papers to get rid of Santa words? Or do we have to use the paper in its entirety?

You can crop your paper if you would like to.

I fancy having some fun with a layout this evening but i'm afraid i cant remember how the ingredients work - plse could someone remind me, thanks!

Let's take the first embellishment as an example; Folder 19; Emb 27

First find the nineteenth folder containing embellishments. I keep all my supplies in their collections so I would find the nineteenth collection.

Once you find the folder you need to count the embellishments and find number 27. If the folder, for example, only has 15 embellishments you keep counting in a circle until you get to number 27. In this example the first embellishment would also be number 16, the tenth embellishment would also be number 25. Does that make sense?

You should use this method for all your ingredients. If you don't have that many folders count in a circle like the embellishment example.

Sorry I could not be at the chat...Love the idea and here is my page. Guitar

Question - I ran into an issue with my alpha - The set I was required to use did not contain a numeric set. I used the correct alpha folder and jumped up one folder where there were numeric choices. Is this permissable? If not please tell me what to do and I will change it. Thanks!

Sorry I could not be at the chat...Love the idea and here is my page. Guitar

Question - I ran into an issue with my alpha - The set I was required to use did not contain a numeric set. I used the correct alpha folder and jumped up one folder where there were numeric choices. Is this permissable? If not please tell me what to do and I will change it. Thanks!

That sounds fine to me Cheryl.

I have made the draw and the winner is ....................

....................................Westina..........................................

congrats3.gifcongrats3.gifcongrats3.gifcongrats3.gif

You have won a Pocket Life: Mini Kit.

Choose which Mini Kit you would like, then send an email to Angie with a link to it. Tell her you won in Mess or Masterpiece.

Thank you to everyone who joined in.

Archived