Operation Write Home Challenge And Guidelines

Sherry Lynn

Hi this is Linda Hyden and I was in the chat about making the cards for Operation Write Home. I have finished mine and was looking for who and where I should mail them into. Also what is the deadline, as I too, ran out of ink toner in my laser printer so I couldn't just run out and get a new cartridge, but had to order it and still waiting for that to come in the mail. in the meantime, I can mail out what I have completed. I did not take pictures of them to post, but I'll see if I can do some of them before I send them in. If someone could email me where to send them in, I am at lhyden1@gmail.com. thanks, Linda

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sherry, I see the address above, so I'll get these out tomorrow. Now I did not write my name on the back of each card, is that important because if it is, I will do it. I did stamp them all as I got my free OWH stamp in the mail. Let me know, thanks, Linda

Sherry, I see the address above, so I'll get these out tomorrow. Now I did not write my name on the back of each card, is that important because if it is, I will do it. I did stamp them all as I got my free OWH stamp in the mail. Let me know, thanks, Linda

Linda, I am so happy that you joined us in the chat AND for this very worthy cause. I see you found the address information. You don't have to put your name on the back of the cards (that is optional) and thank you so much for stamping your cards with the OWH stamp! Also, you don't need to take pics --- I think Karen is going to take some before she sends the entire package off to OWH --- some of us are taking pics before we send them out, so that we can share them AND show everyone what we are contributing!

Again, it's great having you participate!

I mailed out a box today, 125 cards and I'll post some pics shortly. It's been fun, let me know if you do it attain or want more cards for the future. I enjoyed doing them. Linda from Arizona

That's awesome Linda - WTG! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

I mailed out a box today, 125 cards and I'll post some pics shortly. It's been fun, let me know if you do it attain or want more cards for the future. I enjoyed doing them. Linda from Arizona

Oh my goodness Linda that is amazing --- great job!

Here is a pic of my 30 cards that are ready to be shipped!

Wow Sherry and Ann.

I am getting some cards directly as some people have my home address and a bunch arrived from Jerrie and Lei today. All I can say is this girl had a lot of fun this afternoon opening up packages. They are beautiful, each and every one. Can't wait to get the rest. You are wonderful ladies.

This may have been mentioned in an earlier post, but should we take photos of our finished cards to post in the gallery? Mine are going tomorrow, for SURE!

Oh yes Ann --- I think we definitely need to take pics, thanks for pointing that out!

Definitely pics. I am also planning to take some pics when they get here to share

So glad you are, Karen ... because guess who did NOT take pictures before packaging up and mailing to you? BTW ... have they reached you yet??

Wow Sherry and Ann.

I am getting some cards directly as some people have my home address and a bunch arrived from Jerrie and Lei today. All I can say is this girl had a lot of fun this afternoon opening up packages. They are beautiful, each and every one. Can't wait to get the rest. You are wonderful ladies.

Oh, never mind the previous question ... I see they did arrive!! I forgot to take photos of my cards! Drats!!

Wow Sherry and Ann.

Oh, never mind the previous question ... I see they did arrive!! I forgot to take photos of my cards! Drats!!

Lei I think I saw that Karen is going to take all kinds of pics --- so we'll get to see yours too --- by the way I love your siggy!

Sherry Lynn, Really sweet cards you made!

I was wondering, one was a digital card and the Sesame Street characters were, too??

Could I do cards that are not digital?

I didn't get any hybrid cards done after all(football craziness ended yesterday with DS's last JV game...they won 8-0!)...I plan to help in the next round.

Where should I post the pictures of the cards I did. I tried to add them to my response, but they never showed up. Now these are just the digital bases, they don't show the added elements and things I added to the cards. post-24427-0-03756700-1383665936_thumb.jpg(Don't you hate being the new guy and having to ask all these basic questions?) Thanks, Linda

Okay, ignore my question, I think I just uploaded them here, hope you can see them, but next time I'll take a pic of the finished hybrid product.

post-24427-0-76752600-1383665732_thumb.jpg

post-24427-0-45375600-1383665772_thumb.jpg

post-24427-0-15109800-1383665791_thumb.jpg

post-24427-0-31172300-1383665805_thumb.jpg

post-24427-0-17579200-1383665819_thumb.jpg

post-24427-0-82375900-1383665839_thumb.jpg

post-24427-0-14302400-1383665853_thumb.jpg

post-24427-0-65488700-1383665871_thumb.jpg

post-24427-0-76272200-1383665890_thumb.jpg

post-24427-0-81052200-1383665907_thumb.jpg

post-24427-0-27143200-1383665924_thumb.jpg

Hi Linda,

For future reference, you will want to upload cards or photos of them to the Greeting Cards - Printable, Digital & Hybrid Gallery. No problem about asking questions - we are happy to help!

The ones you've done and posted here are all beautiful! :)

Teecee, Thank you, that is very helpful. Next time I will post to the gallery and the pics will be of the completed cards with embellishments and I'll be sure to credit the kits that I used. Duh I didn't do any of that this time, but hopefully this will be an ongoing program through Scrapgirls and quarterly I'll be sending in some cards. Great way to use up scraps and odd embellishments on hybrid cards. Best, Linda

Sherry Lynn, Really sweet cards you made!

I was wondering, one was a digital card and the Sesame Street characters were, too??

Could I do cards that are not digital?

I didn't get any hybrid cards done after all(football craziness ended yesterday with DS's last JV game...they won 8-0!)...I plan to help in the next round.

No the Sesame Street characters were all card stock pieces --- I don't see why you couldn't do some non-digital. I just wanted to make sure that I did some hybrid cards because we are representing Scrap Girls with this project.

AND woohoo so glad to see that you will be joining us for the next go round!

Where should I post the pictures of the cards I did. I tried to add them to my response, but they never showed up. Now these are just the digital bases, they don't show the added elements and things I added to the cards. post-24427-0-03756700-1383665936_thumb.jpg(Don't you hate being the new guy and having to ask all these basic questions?) Thanks, Linda

Okay, ignore my question, I think I just uploaded them here, hope you can see them, but next time I'll take a pic of the finished hybrid product.

Linda your cards are beautiful!

Wow, linda your cards are beautiful!

They are!!!!!

They are all great. Theresa's arrived in the mail today. Theresa they are beautiful.

I'm glad you like them Karen. Thanks so much for all the work you are putting into this! :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

They are!!!!!

Thanks so much I really am enjoying contributing to this project.

Archived