Digital Scrapbook Day - 2 Nov 2013

Digital Scrapbook Day- Saturday, November 2, 2013

Note to our international members: The US doesn't go off daylight savings time until Sunday, November 3rd.

Digital Scrapbook Day Gallery

9:00 a.m. ET: ScrapSimple Mini Class

Do you have files and files of ScrapSimple products sitting in your stash, but you aren't sure how to use them? Then join April and Melanie for a ScrapSimple Mini Class. We'll review the different product types in the Boutique and use the free Scrap Girls ScrapSimple Instructions Handbook to practice different methods for coloring your ScrapSimple Templates. Bring all your questions and any frustrations to the chat at 9:00 a.m. We can't wait to see you there!

10:30 a.m. ET: Quick and Easy Layouts

Need to get some pages done quickly? Join Valerie (ValerieT) and Marilyn (MariJ) for a chat all about quick and easy pages using Easy Pages, JIF6, Super7 Spreads, AYO Zoom Pages, and Nano Collections.We will talk about the differences between them and tips on how to use them.We will even give you a little challenge!

12:00 p.m. ET: The Beauty of Brushes

Do brushes intimidate you? Do you sometimes forget to use them in your layouts? Join April (April Showers) and Theresa (teecee) in the Chat Room where we'll explore the versatility of brushes and the different ways you can use them to enhance your digital scrapbook pages.

1:30 p.m. ET: Blending Tips

Join Carla (crs) and Marilyn (MariJ) for a Blending Chat! Have you wanted to add more texture and interest to your photos and background papers? This is the chat for you! We'll show you how to use photos to achieve the look you want!

3:00 p.m. ET: Color Challenge

Join Monica (Nica) and Theresa(tiza126) for a special Digital Scrapbook Day edition of the Color Challenge!In this special edition,you'll get a color palette to work from, along with some tips and tricks for how to use it to colorize a ScrapSimple embellishment or paper, as well as how to use it to adjust the color of a finished product.

4:30 p.m. ET: Photo Manipulation

Join Valerie(ValerieT)and Theresa (tiza126) in the Chat Room for a Photo Manipulation Chat and Challenge.We will review some of the many things you can do with your photos, from extractions and blending to styles and actions. Come along and learn some tips, share your own tips, and have some fun as well.

6:00 p.m. ET: Speed Scrap

Join Shannon (Tinkerbell11)and Carla (crs) for a special Digital Scrapbook Day edition of the Speed Scrap! In this special edition,you'll get several tasks spread out over the hour and then additional time to get your finished layouts posted in the Gallery.Come with your software, photos, and digital supplies open and ready to go!

7:30 p.m. ET: Do-over/UFO Challenge

Do you have a layout that you're just not quite satisfied with?Join Monica (Nica) and Shannon (TInkerbell11) for a special Do-Over/Un-Finished Object(UFO) Chat. Post your layouts in the chat thread early, and we will make some notes and have ideas on how you can re-do or complete your layout at the chat. Even if you don't have a layout you want critiqued, join us and learn design tips from two of your layout artists!

9 p.m. ET: Art Journaling

Have you been wondering what digital Art Journaling is all about? Are you excited about the layouts you've already created and anxious to make more? Join Marilyn (MariJ) and Jody (Jode2771) for a special Digital Scrapbook Day edition of the Art Journaling Chat and Challenge.We will discuss Art Journaling basics and how they are adapted for digital scrapbooking.We'll even talk about your layouts and provide a special prompt so you can complete a page.Come join us and learn about this fun way to digitally scrap!

We are giving away two Intuos Pro Pen & Touch Tablets from Wacom! Here's how to win:

• Enter on our Forum/Gallery! Every layout you complete as part of our "9 Layouts Challenge" will count as one entry into the drawing for the Wacom tablets. To enter, just upload your finished layout into the Digital Scrapbooking Day Gallery by Midnight (ET) on November 3rd. You don't have to complete all nine layouts to enter, but every one you submit will count toward our giveaway.
  • Enter on our Blog/Facebook! We have created a fun contest that involves decorating the unofficial mascot of Scrap Girls – a little purple pig we like to call Piggy Pie. Give Piggy Pie a makeover and upload your masterpiece. Every pig counts toward one entry into our drawing. You can find the details and template on our blog.
  • Enter on our Google+ page! A quick way to enter is by stopping by our Google+ page and tell us "What your favorite thing about Digital Scrapbooking Day?" Your comment(s) will count as an entry to our giveaway.

Oh NOoooo.. Are we at it again? Don't know I can stand this much fun, I still haven't recovered from the last bit! Hee Hee..... :hit-head-with-hammer::rofl:

Better go back to bed and rest up... Oh, no better start planning or creating some layouts...

(I think I need my Supercape)................

:superhero:

Can't wait - sounds like loads of fun! :)

Oh NOoooo.. Are we at it again? Don't know I can stand this much fun, I still haven't recovered from the last bit! Hee Hee..... :hit-head-with-hammer:/> :rofl:/>

Better go back to bed and rest up... Oh, no better start planning or creating some layouts...

:superhero:/>

We'll be on better behavior in the chatroom this time ;)

Oh NOoooo.. Are we at it again? Don't know I can stand this much fun, I still haven't recovered from the last bit! Hee Hee..... :hit-head-with-hammer:/> :rofl:/>

:superhero:/>

lol...Marilyn, I was just thinking the same thing! :D

Have a fabulous day everyone - unfortunately we are away for the weekend with no internet access so I won't be able to join you, but I'll look forward to seeing all your layouts when we get back.

Oh my - NINE chats in ONE day?!! I've convinced DH that he needs to go birding tomorrow. He leaves about 4 AM and returns after dark, sometimes as late as 11 PM, so I won't have to cook. :D I don't know if I have the stamina for that much chatting and scrapping, but I'll give it a try. Gotta do some preplanning, though.

Oh my - NINE chats in ONE day?!! I've convinced DH that he needs to go birding tomorrow. He leaves about 4 AM and returns after dark, sometimes as late as 11 PM, so I won't have to cook. biggrin.gif I don't know if I have the stamina for that much chatting and scrapping, but I'll give it a try. Gotta do some preplanning, though.

You're a smart one! We've left some time between the chats. Not much, but you can get up, move around, get a snack and be ready for the next chat, right? :D

I really, really wish tomorrow wasn't moving day for my daughter! They won't have internet hooked up at their new place until Monday.

I have to work but I had time to do a page this morning to count toward the 9 page challenge. I put it in the gallery. I hope that I'm allowed to post there pages that aren't from the chats?

If not, tell me and I'll move it when I get a break at work.

I do want to work toward entries for the Bamboo tablet!

I have to work but I had time to do a page this morning to count toward the 9 page challenge. I put it in the gallery. I hope that I'm allowed to post there pages that aren't from the chats?

If not, tell me and I'll move it when I get a break at work.

I do want to work toward entries for the Bamboo tablet!

The pages do need to for the Digital Scrapbook Day challenges. You can see if any you've done fit the challenge though.

Oh my - NINE chats in ONE day?!! I've convinced DH that he needs to go birding tomorrow. He leaves about 4 AM and returns after dark, sometimes as late as 11 PM, so I won't have to cook. :D/> I don't know if I have the stamina for that much chatting and scrapping, but I'll give it a try. Gotta do some preplanning, though.

Oh Jo you made me laugh, but I'd say your stamina is doing good so far with chatting! :)