Using The Notepad Png

Sensiwoman

http://scrapgirls.com/NL/COL_SSPaper_TakingNote_SPEC_LO_STR_300.jpg

I wondered if anybody could help me about how to use the freebie of 22nd october, the notepad ...I would like to lay a picture over it, but how can I then "reveal" the circles and the rings again ?? I don't even know how to make myself clear ...

Is it okay if I post this question here ?? Feel free to delete it if it is not appropriate here :)/>/>/>/>

Thanks in advance for any help !

Connie

http://scrapgirls.com/NL/COL_SSPaper_TakingNote_SPEC_LO_STR_300.jpg

I wondered if anybody could help me about how to use the freebie of 22nd october, the notepad ...I would like to lay a picture over it, but how can I then "reveal" the circles and the rings again ?? I don't even know how to make myself clear ...

Is it okay if I post this question here ?? Feel free to delete it if it is not appropriate here :)/>/>/>/>/>

Thanks in advance for any help !

Connie

From your screenshot, it looks like you've got the hole and rings showing. Are you concerned about how light/transparent the photo is? If that's the case, try to darken the layer that you are clipping the photo to. The more solid that rectangle is, the more solid the photo will be. HTH

To tell you the truth, I don't know how you'd use that as a PNG to get the results in the LO you referenced. The only way to do it would be to erase or mask the parts of your photo or paper where you want the rings and holes to show through and that would take some time.

It looks like Cherise Oleson offered that freebie. Here is the link to her profile: http://scrapgirls.net/forum/user/8749-cherise/

You can send her a PM (private message) this way and I'm sure she would be happy to give you some tips on how that freebie was used in that LO.

And actually, it was Shannon who created that LO. You can PM her by going to her profile: http://scrapgirls.net/forum/user/10753-tinkerbell11/

HTH! :)/>

Thank you al very much for your replies girls !! The problem was indeed that I created a layer above the png file, reduced its opacity, so that the png file shined through. Next I had to simplify the shape to delete the parts where I wanted the holes and the rings to remain visible, but when I then clipped a picture to it, the opacity could not be modified any longer to a full 100%.

So then I did it the other way around, I created a rectangle (photo) shape BELOW the png file, reduced the opacity of the png file, deleted the parts on my rectangle shape using a mask. When the parts of the shape were deleted, I moved the layer back above the png file and then clipped my picture to it ...it worked :)

So, I think I have found a 'possible' solution to my problem, but I don't know if that's the 'easiest' way to create the effect I wanted :)

Maybe I'll contact the ladies who created the layout I was talking about in my first message to be sure ;-)

Thanks again for your suggestions, this is such a great forum and I hope to learn and share lots more !

Best wishes,

Connie

Glad to hear that you figured it out! There are lots of ways to accomplish the same things, so by all means contact the ladies and see if they worked it out differently. :)

Hi Connie,

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier! When I created this layout I placed my photo above the freebie and then I selected the eraser tool and a soft round brush and erased above where the spiral of the notebook was coming out and did that for all the holes, then I added a shadow to the photo layer after to make it look like a chipboard page in the album! I HTH and as always there are so many ways to do the same thing in PSE and PS . Anytime you have a question about a layout feel free to send me a message and or post in the MB always hoping to share and love that others want to recreate techniques that I used!

Archived