7 replies to this topic

#1 Eliz

Eliz

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:34 PM

Okay Everybody, I need some help PLEASE!

I was wondering if I did a good job on this scrapbooking page? It's only my four page that's I've done so far and I have a feeling I could do better. So I would greatly appricate it if yall could help me out by critiquing it and telling me the placing that could use improvement and the places where I did a good job. I would greatly appricate it.

Here's the page: Posted Image

#2 sprinklz

sprinklz

Scrap Girls Rocks!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,838 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:41 PM

Only your 4th page! You are doing great and brave to ask for critique so soon! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

I already left a comment on your page, but I will share some ideas with you.

What I would possibly change:
*Make your photo bigger - the large circle is what caught my eye first, I would make the photo almost as big as the circle
*Move the flower to the corner of your photo - the flower in the lower corner draws my attention away from the photo
*Change the font and the font color - right now your text is a little hard to read. I would make it larger and a consistent color, like white, so it will pop out

What I like:
*The photo is really sweet & cute
*The verse goes really well with your photo
*The large circle is a great mat for the photo because it is interesting and breaks up all the straight lines

Another alternative:
*Shift everything to the lower left corner so all your elements are together and relating to each other. In doing this, I would put the text to the right of the photo so it is still mainly in the "white space" and easy to read

HTH
And continue to make LOs. I've learn something new in digi scrapping almost every day.

#3 Orrinda

Orrinda

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 05:50 PM

Darling photo. I agree with Marnie. Enlarging and moving the photo will make it the center of attention. The colors are nice--they suit the photo very well. Good job.

#4 Tasha Young

Tasha Young

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:44 PM

Wow...great comments! I love reading things like this because it helps me too.

Tasha

Only your 4th page! You are doing great and brave to ask for critique so soon! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

I already left a comment on your page, but I will share some ideas with you.

What I would possibly change:
*Make your photo bigger - the large circle is what caught my eye first, I would make the photo almost as big as the circle
*Move the flower to the corner of your photo - the flower in the lower corner draws my attention away from the photo
*Change the font and the font color - right now your text is a little hard to read. I would make it larger and a consistent color, like white, so it will pop out

What I like:
*The photo is really sweet & cute
*The verse goes really well with your photo
*The large circle is a great mat for the photo because it is interesting and breaks up all the straight lines

Another alternative:
*Shift everything to the lower left corner so all your elements are together and relating to each other. In doing this, I would put the text to the right of the photo so it is still mainly in the "white space" and easy to read

HTH
And continue to make LOs. I've learn something new in digi scrapping almost every day.

#5 crankydragon

crankydragon

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:03 PM

This is a really sweet picture. You did a great job of pulling colours from the shot to make the LO feel consistent. I think you've gotten some good suggestions so far, but one thing I noticed is that the photo corners are off just a touch. I have problems with getting things in just the right place, too, so I've learned to use the arrow keys on my keyboard to help nudge the item into the right place. I'm not sure what software you're using, but I imagine that's pretty standard across the board. When I'm using my mouse or even my pen I sometimes can't get things where I want them, so the arrow keys have become very good friends of mine. ;)

Great job so far! Kudos for being brave enough to ask for a critique. :)
Nessa Warmath
Barista, photographer, Mommy ... not necessarily in that order :)

My pictures on flickr
My Gallery

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Sharebear57

Sharebear57

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:15 PM

This layout is really nice. Adoreable photo, and I love the flower accent. I think Marnie said it all. There isn't really much that needs to be changed about this layout, and she covered everything really well.

The only thing I think of to add is that maybe you could crop the top 1/2 or inch off the photo so that is a little wider and brings the focus in more on those cute little chubby arms.

Great job so far, keep up the good work!
Sherri... (My Layout Gallery)
My Website: www.TailsofSuccessNY.com

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

#7 Karooch

Karooch

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:29 PM

I agree with the comments above. I'd be really happy if my fourth digi-layout had looked this good!

I actually like the colour change in the title, but I agree that the font could be a little clearer, making it easier to read.
[font="Comic Sans Ms"][size=6][b][i]Karen

#8 Eliz

Eliz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:50 AM

I posted my other two that I made before this one on the gallery under families and then under babies, in anyone wants to check them out and tell me what they think about those. The one of my nephew was my 3rd one while the other one of Jayden, my niece dressed up for Halloween is my newest and my 5th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users