Holiday Hybrid Atc Swap

CRS

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry that I missed this year's Hybrid ATC Swap. My hands just can't do too much these days. With my arthritis and carpal tunnel, they are just not steady enough to do much. Some days my hand, the right one, shakes so that I can't even write my name. Maybe next year I can rejoin in the fun.

And is it too late for me to join? I started on some just for fun....let me know.

I'm afraid it is too late. I already have some of the cards that have been sent to me and others are in the mail already. I'm sorry! I'll pm you when we have the next round!

I'm sorry Carol! At least you still have digital for now, right?

Sorry that I missed this year's Hybrid ATC Swap. My hands just can't do too much these days. With my arthritis and carpal tunnel, they are just not steady enough to do much. Some days my hand, the right one, shakes so that I can't even write my name. Maybe next year I can rejoin in the fun.

Sorry to hear this, Carol. We will miss your cards!! Hope things are betting come January/February!!

I'm intrigued by these hybrid cards and thinking of getting involved in the swap in January. However, I'm not seeing many of them posted in the gallery, and I'd like to see more what they are like.

Seems to me I saw somewhere a link to a video on YouTube where they were shown. Anyone have that link and can post it or e-mail it to me?

Are there any threads or tutorials about guidelines for making the the hybrid ATC's?

Thanks,

Karen

Oh, Karen! I'm so excited!!! They are very addictive! Here are some videos that showcase some of the past swaps. I am horrible about posting my finished hybrid atcs!

Here is an older thread with all the info: ATC

Don't be intimidated! We create them mostly digitally, print them out and bling them in some way. Sometimes we add layers with cut shapes or papers, glitter or distress and anything else you can think of. The challenge is to work on a small scale and keep it flat enough to ship! My 11 yr old has been bit by the atc bug and if she can do it with limited PSE skills, you can do it for sure!

Oh, Karen! I'm so excited!!! They are very addictive! Here are some videos that showcase some of the past swaps. I am horrible about posting my finished hybrid atcs!

Don't be intimidated! We create them mostly digitally, print them out and bling them in some way. Sometimes we add layers with cut shapes or papers, glitter or distress and anything else you can think of. The challenge is to work on a small scale and keep it flat enough to ship! My 11 yr old has been bit by the atc bug and if she can do it with limited PSE skills, you can do it for sure!

Great videos, Carla! Thanks for the links. And I saw some other videos there on YouTube that may give me some more ideas. Might have to browse the aisles in the craft store too.

I will definitely be watching for the next sign-up thread. Will it be before or after Christmas when we sign up next?

I'm not sure when the next sign up will be, to be honest with you! I haven't sat down and figured the timeframe out. Watch for status updates about signing up!

Lauren finished her cards tonight. They are so cute!!! I worked on mine while she did hers, but she finished first!

Great videos, Carla! Thanks for the links. And I saw some other videos there on YouTube that may give me some more ideas. Might have to browse the aisles in the craft store too.

I will definitely be watching for the next sign-up thread. Will it be before or after Christmas when we sign up next?

Karen, here is an SG Blog article on ATC's with photo examples. http://scrapgirls.com/blog/printable-atc-tutorial/

I appreciate it. I will notice for next time. Been so too busy this internet withe the weather - not a good combo. (I have satellite internet. It sucks.)

And is it too late for me to join? I started on some just for fun....let me know.

I'm afraid it is too late. I already have some of the cards that have been sent to me and others are in the mail already. I'm sorry! I'll pm you when we have the next round!

I'm sorry Carol! At least you still have digital for now, right?

Mission to Ground Control .... we have lift off from Michigan to Maryland... estimated time of arrival is Friday. Roger, over and out! :disappearing-smilie:/>

Plymouth Postal Service

Carla have you rec'd my ATC's yet? There has been an awful lot going on in our household the last few weeks AND Thursday morning at 3 am when I was looking for Buddy with my flashlight I found this package that should have been delivered to my mailbox --- it was in the ditch at least 100 yards above our house. Now I'm wondering what else they have lost --- I am so not a happy camper AND truly hope that you have my ATC's in hand.

I haven't received your cards yet, Sherry. I'm sure it will be soon. The weather here has been nasty and it's snowing like crazy now. I hope there is some way to get your money back from the post office for that package!

Well if they aren't there by now then they are probably somewhere in that ditch too --- this is unbelievable. If you don't receive them by Monday then you can just send out what you have OR I can whip up 7 more and get them sent out by Tuesday --- let me know how you want to handle it, I can't even begin to explain how upset I am. If Buddy hadn't been disoriented and gone into that ditch I would have never known that anything was going on. AND in case anyone isn't on facebook --- we had to have our Buddy laid to rest on Thursday --- we had him 14 years and 7 months. I cried all day and this morning when I was sweeping I swept up some of his hair AND the tears came rolling again.

I'm so sorry, Sherry! I know how hard it is to lose a pet, but not one that you've had that long. I'd be a complete wreck! Let's see if they come Monday. I've had things hung up at a post office in Maryland for more than a week before. If they don't come, you can either make more or skip this round, it's up to you....

Archived