Photo Manipulation

ValerieT

Join Valerie (ValerieT) and Theresa (tiza126) in the Chat Room for a Photo Manipulation Chat and Challenge. We will review some of the many things you can do with your photos, from extractions and blending to styles and actions. Come along and learn some tips, share your own tips, and have some fun as well.

I very badly wanted to be at this chat and intended to, but was so sleepy after the previous one that I laid down and closed my eyes "for just a second". :( You know how that goes - woke up almost two hours later and into the next chat! Grrrrrr....

So sorry to have missed it, the topic sounded great! :)

I had recently had a lot of old photos scanned by a service. Some of them were pretty faded and discolored, so I tried to use this challenge to see how I could use one. I really like the photo, but the color was not good.

So used a multiply blend, then duplicated it again and applied the Photos That Pop action.

Next I layered a green linen-textured paper over it, cut out an oval in the middle, and blended it with the Color mode. This made the faded Christmas tree and ornaments fade back so that the image of Katy stood out.

Finally, since this is a photo manipulation challenge, I decided to see what I could do with the Silhouette action, and clipped a different paper to that.

I'm not sure I'm satisfied with this as a finished product, but I did use the time to get some experience with some actions and blending modes that were new to me.

Katy Christmas present

Archived