The Beauty Of Brushes

12:00 p.m. ET: The Beauty of Brushes

Do brushes intimidate you? Do you sometimes forget to use them in your layouts? Join April (April Showers) and Theresa (teecee) in the Chat Room where we'll explore the versatility of brushes and the different ways you can use them to enhance your digital scrapbook pages. Hope to see you in the chat room!

Your Challenge is to use at least two brushes on your layout!

Make sure you note that your layout is for the brush chat - we will choose a winner from those who post a layout in the Digital Scrapbook Day Gallery by midnight ET Sunday.

Aggie asked how to do foreground/background colors in Gimp. Sent her this note:

(NOTE: I am NOT a GIMP expert!)

Choose a brush, and then foreground = red, background = blue.

In Tool Options, Paintbrush, Click Dynamics, and choose "Random Color."

Then click Dynamics Options to vary even more.

Click Apply Jitter and increase amount to see effect. Also Quality, Weight.

Works!

I just made it to the last little bit of the chat, so thank you for posting all the information here. I forget to use brushes and they really are a lot of fun to play with. I didn't realize how many brushes I have in my stash. I think my favorites are the textures for backgrounds. I also used a quote for this challenge, which I think is a first for me.

Here is my layout for the challenge. Memories

By random draw, Terri M has won a brush set in the Beauty of Brushes challenge! Congratulations Terri! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

To claim your prize, email Angie at hello@scrapgirls.com, let her know you won the Beauty of Brushes Challenge and be sure to include a link to the brush set of your choice.

Archived