Art Journaling Chat & Challenge 9Pm Et

MariJ

Have you been wondering what digital Art Journaling is all about? Are you excited about the layouts you've already created and anxious to make more? Join Marilyn (MariJ) and Jody (Jode2771) at 9 p.m. in the Chat Room for a special Digital Scrapbook Day edition of the Art Journaling Chat and Challenge.

We will discuss Art Journaling basics and how they are adapted for digital scrapbooking. We'll even talk about your layouts and provide a special prompt so you can complete a page. Come join us and learn about this fun way to digitally scrap!

Here's my layout --

CHANGE

and Karen (butterflykisses) so kindly has created a mixed media Art Journaling page found here --

Change

Chat Update:

The CHALLENGE

Today's prompt is a "one word" challenge.

In digital scrapping, we adapt the way we would create a paper Art Journaling page. We change how we do things within a computer program as opposed to with physical paper products in hand. Our digital scrapping mimics paper scrapping, but with CHANGE. We change from physical to digital and use those tools and supplies to Art Journal.

So in honor of Digital Scrapbooking Day our one-word prompt is "CHANGE".

You can use the word "CHANGE" large and as the focus of your layout, in multiples around the page, as part of your journaling or in different sizes and colors… Other ideas include adding word art or symbols illustrating CHANGE, journaling about how the word makes you feel or what it means to you, or whatever comes to your mind when you see the word "CHANGE". Remember in Art Journaling anything goes and it's all about YOU, but we must see the word CHANGE at least once on your layout and it must be visible!

In addition, we ask you to use:

1 brush (stamp)

2 papers (backgrounds)

3 symbols (embellishments)

You can use one of these or all three but remember we must see the word CHANGE on your page somewhere. :)

Please post your completed pages in the Digital Scrapbook Day 2013 Gallery

by midnight ET on Sunday, November 3rd to be eligible for a "Paper Template Set" prize! And please also leave a link back in this thread so we are sure not to miss your page!

Have fun and we can't wait to see what you create!

You know how much I enjoy this technique, and the chats that go along. Unfortunately, we have an engagement tonight and I'll mis the fun. Hopefully, I can get a page done using the prompt.

Ohhhh.. Sorry Ann! We'll miss you but have fun! :)

Thanks for a great chat! DH and I are travelling home; I can't wait to put a layout together... even though it will be late. I love what I see in the gallery, too! :)/>

Can't wait to see it, Diane! Safe traveling home and nah... Never late. :)

Great layouts appearing in the Gallery - so glad to see everyone at the chat and/or posting!

So exciting to see such enthusiasm and excitement for digital Art Journaling!

A random drawing pulled BETTY (BetC) as the winner of our challenge. :clap:

:congrats3: CONGRATULATIONS, Betty! :congrats3: Please pick a Paper Template Set from the Boutique and email Angie with your choice.

Great work everyone, :thankyou: ! :)

Great layouts appearing in the Gallery - so glad to see everyone at the chat and/or posting!

A random drawing pulled BETTY (BetC) as the winner of our challenge. :clap:/>

:congrats3:/> CONGRATULATIONS, Betty! :congrats3:/> Please pick a Paper Template Set from the Boutique and email Angie with your choice.

Great work everyone, :thankyou:/> ! :)/>

YAY Betty!!!! When MariJ told me your name came out I giggled - is that freeing enough?!?! Hee hee!!! Wonderful page and attitude, thanks for helping us celebrate DSD with AJ.

I'm so gutted I didn't get to join in any of NDSD - we were away for a long weekend and I didn't have any internet connection. Sounds like you had a great chat and the prompt is fantastic - Marilyn and Jody where do you get these from?! The layouts in the gallery are brilliant - I enjoyed leaving lots of love. I shall add this challenge to my list of AJ pages I still need to do - perhaps this week life will get back to normal and I can get some scrapping done....

Oh my --- it must be a sign. "Get thee into Art Journaling!" I so excited to head into the boutique and start checking out some AJ templates! Thank You!

A random drawing pulled BETTY (BetC) as the winner of our challenge. clap.gif/>

congrats3.gif/> CONGRATULATIONS, Betty! congrats3.gif/> Please pick a Paper Template Set from the Boutique and email Angie with your choice.

Great work everyone, thankyou.gif/> ! smile.gif/>

YAY Betty!!!! When MariJ told me your name came out I giggled - is that freeing enough?!?! Hee hee!!! Wonderful page and attitude, thanks for helping us celebrate DSD with AJ.

Oh my --- it must be a sign. "Get thee into Art Journaling!" I so excited to head into the boutique and start checking out some AJ templates! Thank You!

A random drawing pulled BETTY (BetC) as the winner of our challenge. clap.gif/>

congrats3.gif/> CONGRATULATIONS, Betty! congrats3.gif/> Please pick a Paper Template Set from the Boutique and email Angie with your choice.

Great work everyone, thankyou.gif/> ! smile.gif/>

Hee heee - GO Betty!!! Can't wait to see what you create! :)

Archived