How To Weave A Ribbon Through An Embellishment

shellie44

Hi Shelley, with PSE one way I know of is to first place the ribbon over the embellishment. I Make a direct selection on the ribbon by holding the CTRL key while clicking on the thumbnail of the ribbon layer. (This puts marching ants around the ribbon.) Next, I like to lower the opacity of the ribbon layer so I can see what I'm doing. Then I like to zoom in and use the eraser tool with a hard round brush to erase the parts of the ribbon that I want to be underneath the embellishment, leaving the other sections of the ribbon showing on top of the embellishment. Then I take the opacity back to 100%, CTRL D to deselect the marching ants. HTH

If I'm weaving a ribbon through an alpha I do the following: Put the ribbon over the alpha, make a direct selection of the alpha the way Theresa said by CTRL clicking on the alpha thumbnail. Then select the ribbon layer and erase the bits that you want. I find I can even go over the lines, the ribbon will only be erased inside the marching ants area. This way is a lot quicker. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

I found a newsletter tutorial by using the search site tool on the home page. It's on the green navigation bar on the home page scrapgirls.com. It's a great tool to search the entire site - blog, archived newsletters, boutique! I searched for "weave ribbon" and found this:

ScrapSimple Club Concepts Mini Tutorial

Weaving Ribbon With ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Gathered Borders in the July 13, 2009 newsletter.

It's a little old, but it's still a tried and true technique.

I found a newsletter tutorial by using the search site tool on the home page. It's on the green navigation bar on the home page scrapgirls.com. It's a great tool to search the entire site - blog, archived newsletters, boutique! I searched for "weave ribbon" and found this:

ScrapSimple Club Concepts Mini Tutorial

Weaving Ribbon With ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Gathered Borders in the July 13, 2009 newsletter.

It's a little old, but it's still a tried and true technique.

Great tutorial - thanks Paula and thank you Elisha for posting the link to it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Go glad to read that I have been doing it right all along...it really is pretty easy that way Thanks Ladies

Archived