9 replies to this topic

#1 shellie44

shellie44

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

I have been searching for a tutorial on how to weave a ribbon through an embellishment; but I can't find one..I am posting a picture and anyone who can help me I would appreciate it.

Thanks ShelleyAttached File  DCA_AcrylicOverlaysShapes_LO1_600.jpg   159.81KB   24 downloads

#2 KariK

KariK

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hi Shelley,

The easiest way would be to put the ribbon layer above the embellishment layer, then add a layer mask and paint away the parts that would be underneath. I talked a little bit about it in a past tutorial. Here is the link, hope it helps!

#3 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,271 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hi Shelley, with PSE one way I know of is to first place the ribbon over the embellishment. I Make a direct selection on the ribbon by holding the CTRL key while clicking on the thumbnail of the ribbon layer. (This puts marching ants around the ribbon.) Next, I like to lower the opacity of the ribbon layer so I can see what I'm doing. Then I like to zoom in and use the eraser tool with a hard round brush to erase the parts of the ribbon that I want to be underneath the embellishment, leaving the other sections of the ribbon showing on top of the embellishment. Then I take the opacity back to 100%, CTRL D to deselect the marching ants. HTH

#4 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • 21,792 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

If I'm weaving a ribbon through an alpha I do the following: Put the ribbon over the alpha, make a direct selection of the alpha the way Theresa said by CTRL clicking on the alpha thumbnail. Then select the ribbon layer and erase the bits that you want. I find I can even go over the lines, the ribbon will only be erased inside the marching ants area. This way is a lot quicker. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

BLINKIES_wise1.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#5 AggieB

AggieB

• Members
  • 12,703 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:29 AM

I like to make a sandwich, ribbon, embellishment, ribbon. Then I erase the top ribbon. If I am sloppy with the erasing, it doesn't matter because there is a second underneath.

gallery_17848_304_78298.gif

December 2010 Member of the Month

#6 Marie-Christine

Marie-Christine

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

I do the same thing as Aggie, sandwiched. Ribbon,embellishment, ribbon. Erase the section that I don't need, it works everytime for me.

gallery_24256_66_26420.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSGblinkie.gifBLINKIES_good-girl.gifBLINKIES_UK.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#7 MariJ

MariJ

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,768 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

Such great suggestions here! :)

gallery_19549_358_47577.png
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#8 elibar

elibar

If there's a cure for this, I don't want it!

• Design Team
  • 12,118 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love your God. Learn His ways. Live for others.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

I found a newsletter tutorial by using the search site tool on the home page. It's on the green navigation bar on the home page scrapgirls.com. It's a great tool to search the entire site - blog, archived newsletters, boutique! I searched for "weave ribbon" and found this:

ScrapSimple Club Concepts Mini Tutorial
Weaving Ribbon With ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Gathered Borders in the July 13, 2009 newsletter.

It's a little old, but it's still a tried and true technique.

gallery_11196_66_57667.png
siggie credits
Elisha Barnett
my latest products (click to view):

EBA_Collection_DaffodilDays_MKTG_150.jpg EBA_PaperMini_FreshPaint_MKTG_150.jpg  EBA_CollectionBiggie_Afresh_MKTG_150.jpg EBA_BrushSet_PapercutLadies2_MKTG_150.jp

BLINKIES_Prayer.gifDesigner-sm-1.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#9 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 20,271 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

I found a newsletter tutorial by using the search site tool on the home page. It's on the green navigation bar on the home page scrapgirls.com. It's a great tool to search the entire site - blog, archived newsletters, boutique! I searched for "weave ribbon" and found this:

ScrapSimple Club Concepts Mini Tutorial
Weaving Ribbon With ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Gathered Borders in the July 13, 2009 newsletter.

It's a little old, but it's still a tried and true technique.

Great tutorial - thanks Paula and thank you Elisha for posting the link to it. :)

#10 Boatlady

Boatlady

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Personal Statement:A bad day on the boat is still better than a good day at work.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

Go glad to read that I have been doing it right all along...it really is pretty easy that way Thanks Ladies

gallery_24445_66_8905.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gifSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifSG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users