5 replies to this topic

#1 notsosavvy

notsosavvy

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

I have been here so many times since I upgraded to windows 8.1 and am here again. I am familiar with 7 zip and have it on my windows 7 computer. Works great and looks like folder with a zipper. On windows 8.1 when I installed it, it looks like a small square box with 7Zip in black letters.There is no option on right click, to "extract here,or extract all" I have to go to open and then find the extract button at the top of the window. I don't like it at all. Is this the way it should be? What zip opener do you recommend?

#2 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,675 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

I know many of us at SG use "Extract Now" (it's free) and it works very well with Windows 7. I have also used it with Windows XP and it worked just fine for me. I don't know if it would work with Windows 8 - I haven't used Windows 8 at all and I'm not familiar with the "7 zip" you mentioned. Maybe someone else who knows will come along with more information for you. HTH

#3 notsosavvy

notsosavvy

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

I know many of us at SG use "Extract Now" (it's free) and it works very well with Windows 7. I have also used it with Windows XP and it worked just fine for me. I don't know if it would work with Windows 8 - I haven't used Windows 8 at all and I'm not familiar with the "7 zip" you mentioned. Maybe someone else who knows will come along with more information for you. HTH

#4 notsosavvy

notsosavvy

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I installed Extract Now and it works great. Files look like they should. Zipper and all.

#5 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • 18,675 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I installed Extract Now and it works great. Files look like they should. Zipper and all.

Glad it's working for you! :)

#6 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 13,928 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

Glad you installed ExtractNow and got everything taken care of. I have Windows 8, which I HATE, and it works fine with it. That's just about the only thing that seems to work okay with Windows 8. Did I mention that I HATE it.

gallery_11036_66_10740.png

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for April 2014, 6975 (1170) -- 6933 (1073) as of 4-03-14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users