Unzip Question

notsosavvy

I have been here so many times since I upgraded to windows 8.1 and am here again. I am familiar with 7 zip and have it on my windows 7 computer. Works great and looks like folder with a zipper. On windows 8.1 when I installed it, it looks like a small square box with 7Zip in black letters.There is no option on right click, to "extract here,or extract all" I have to go to open and then find the extract button at the top of the window. I don't like it at all. Is this the way it should be? What zip opener do you recommend?

I know many of us at SG use "Extract Now" (it's free) and it works very well with Windows 7. I have also used it with Windows XP and it worked just fine for me. I don't know if it would work with Windows 8 - I haven't used Windows 8 at all and I'm not familiar with the "7 zip" you mentioned. Maybe someone else who knows will come along with more information for you. HTH

I know many of us at SG use "Extract Now" (it's free) and it works very well with Windows 7. I have also used it with Windows XP and it worked just fine for me. I don't know if it would work with Windows 8 - I haven't used Windows 8 at all and I'm not familiar with the "7 zip" you mentioned. Maybe someone else who knows will come along with more information for you. HTH

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I installed Extract Now and it works great. Files look like they should. Zipper and all.

Glad it's working for you! :)

Glad you installed ExtractNow and got everything taken care of. I have Windows 8, which I HATE, and it works fine with it. That's just about the only thing that seems to work okay with Windows 8. Did I mention that I HATE it.

Archived