12 replies to this topic

#1 Barb Eugene

Barb Eugene

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:03 AM

I am working on Brandy's Blenders calendar for 2014. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can print this 11 X 17 calendar?

#2 MariJ

MariJ

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,230 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

Did you check places like Shutterfly or Snapfish? Even Walmart has a great photo service and I love that you can have it shipped to a store so no postage costs! On all three sites you would upload your calendar online.
Also I don't know if you have one nearby, but Staples Office Supply store prints in that size and I think makes calendars, otherwise you would have to have it bound after printing.

gallery_19549_358_19841.png

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gif

#3 Barb Eugene

Barb Eugene

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

I checked those sources and found that they use their templates and don't have any options for using my own work. I suppose I could print it myself on matte photo paper and then have it bound.

#4 MariJ

MariJ

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,230 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

I checked those sources and found that they use their templates and don't have any options for using my own work. I suppose I could print it myself on matte photo paper and then have it bound.

Ohhh.. Sorry - it's a shame that those photo companies are no longer giving the "one photo" option where you can totally upload your own layout as a pic without using their templates. Sorry about that.

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gif

#5 BarbaraC1977

BarbaraC1977

Organizational Diva -- loves to play with supplies!

• Members
  • 5,321 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

There is a way to do a single photo on Shutterfly--I found it the last time someone had this question. "Digital Scrapbooking" is the right link for most sizes.

I had to chat with tech help for 11x17 calendars. They could not find a solution for this size.

Separately, I had GREAT success a couple of years ago getting them printed at my local Documart. They coil bound the design, printed double-side on heavy stock, punched a tiny hole for hanging them, and shrink-wrapped them for gifts. I think they ended up around $11 each. It's helpful if you can split the high-res layouts into 8.5x11 along with providing images of finished 11x17, so they can organize them correctly on the pages. Only took a day or two.

gallery_17172_358_42296.png
SGblinkie.gif  SG_BB_LoveThis.png  BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif
Scrapper | Wife | Mother | Friend | Soprano | Traveler
Rotarian | CEO, Auction Systems
| Recovering Perfectionist

#6 MariJ

MariJ

• Welcoming Committee
  • 17,230 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

Wow, that's great info Barbara, thanks for sharing! :)

#7 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

I've always printed mine at home because I couldn't find a commercial printer that could do it in the format I wanted and on card stock. Takes time, and ink, but I've always been happy with the results.

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#8 Nica

Nica

• Creative Team
  • 4,212 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love God
    Love Others
    Offer Hope

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

I've always printed mine at home because I couldn't find a commercial printer that could do it in the format I wanted and on card stock. Takes time, and ink, but I've always been happy with the results.

Ann, how do you bind it once you print it at home?

gallery_18472_304_721.gif

SGblinkie.gif

WT-Button-copy.gif SG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.png      

#9 lindarobin

lindarobin

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hi, Barb Eugene,

Business printing services (Staples, The UPS Store, Kinko's) that accept PDF are great for this. 11x17 prints can be coil bound at the same place. The easiest way is to put all your 11x17 JPGs in one folder and have them named a.jpg, b.jpg, c.jpg, etc. so that they will arrange in the correct order alphabetically.

With Windows Photo Viewer, select them all and print to your PDF writer. Now you have a single multi-page PDF to submit for printing.

Alternatively, you can submit the individual JPGs, but submitting ONE file may save you money if a file setup fee is applied to each file.

The printing is done with colour laser so it's water proof. There is no extra charge for using LOTS of colour so you really save money compared to printing at home using ink jet.

#10 TheresaK

TheresaK

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

I've been using MyPicTales to print my calendars (made with Brandy's Blender templates), just uploaded my 3rd annual! They have a program you download and easy instructions on the website under calendars on how to delete their template info and add your own 11x17 full page. They turn out fabulous! The first time I sort of kept my expectations low when I opened the box since I hadn't heard much about their site, but it was exactly what I wanted. Colors were perfect, all the details of the textures were perfect, absolutely beautiful.

#11 Bride

Bride

Zippity-Doo-Dah, Zippity-Ay, My oh my it’s a scrappin’ good day

• Creative Team
  • 8,860 posts
  • Personal Statement:Go slow.
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:47 AM

I've been using MyPicTales to print my calendars (made with Brandy's Blender templates), just uploaded my 3rd annual! They have a program you download and easy instructions on the website under calendars on how to delete their template info and add your own 11x17 full page. They turn out fabulous! The first time I sort of kept my expectations low when I opened the box since I hadn't heard much about their site, but it was exactly what I wanted. Colors were perfect, all the details of the textures were perfect, absolutely beautiful.

That's good to know, Theresa! Thanks for sharing that - I'll check them out!

#12 jhbren

jhbren

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

I haven't printed calendars since 2001. But I did have a book printed by Blurb recently. I don't remember if they have a calendar option, but they do allow you to use your own scrapped pages, and provide helpful templates. Good luck with your project.

gallery_3248_66_19146.gif

My gallery

#13 Barb Eugene

Barb Eugene

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

Since I make 9 calendars for family, I was looking for a printing bargain. A price of over $17 per calendar was more than I wanted to pay for as many calendars as I wanted to print.  I ended up using Artscow.  The calendars are center bound but I was able to adjust Brandy's layouts to work.  Their cost was $8.99 with free shipping.  Maybe I'm just a tightwad but that price is more to my liking.  I've been pleased with Artscow products in the past, so I felt comfortable in ordering from them.  I'm on vacation so I haven't looked at them yet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users