Album Gallery Issues

April Showers

Today is one of those days I wish I had a magic wand -- or just wish that control+z worked everywhere.

Most of you have noticed that the images aren't showing in the Member Layout and Member Album Galleries. (If you see any, they were uploaded today).

While I did delete some of the very old albums in the Member Layout Gallery last night, any album that you can see the title of was untouched.

Obviously something went wrong in those galleries, but since I wasn't working on them when it happened, I am not sure what caused it.

We are working to restore the images and comments, but were unable to get it to work today. We have most of the images backed up and hope we can find the way to fix it.

Please don't think I take the issue lightly. I know how much your layouts mean to you and we all love reading the comments on them. I am so sorry! I personally would appreciate any good thoughts or prayers that we can find the best solution.

Holding good thoughts and sending all kinds of good wishes, April. I know you feel badly and are always so careful - what a crazy thing to happen. I don't have any technical solutions or ideas, but sending my support and postive thoughts and energy to the backup and all of you working on it.

I only had one personal album, the one for my Month of Gratitude layouts. It has been a challenge to get these pages completed and uploaded in a timely fashion, so I am really unhappy that they have been deleted. I am not planning to go through the uploading process again, and not sure if I want to spend the time and effort to upload new ones. Hopefully you can get this worked out.

I am so sorry that this has happened, April! Technology can sometimes not be very nice. I hope that a solution will be found soon and that things will be back to normal soon.

We so appreciate all of the hard work and dedication that you put into this forum and gallery. You are awesome. I can't even begin to imagine all that you do to stay on top of things here. Hang in there, I'm sure it will work out.

April, you have done such a fabulous job with the Forum and Gallery. Please do not stress over the missing galleries. Yes, it is nice to be able to read the comments other Scrap Girls have left for you, however, there are worse things that can happen. I was concerned about the Gratitude Gallery. However, since I have the original files on my computer, I can always upload them again. No biggie.

Sending prayers to you that the gallery gremlins behave themselves and that all the layouts will be found. Your health is more important to us than anything else. Take care and please don't stress over this.

Oh, April -- I am so sorry this happened!! We do love our LOs, but, as Carol said, there are worse things that can happen.

Thank you for all of your hard work, as well as your care and concern for all ScrapGirls members. Fingers crossed that it will work itself out, but if it doesn't -- I still ♥ ScrapGirls! :)

Oh, April! What a mess! Technology can be wonderful, but sometimes... I agree with everyone above, please don't stress about this. It's fun to share our layouts with friends and read the comments that they leave, but things happen and this isn't intended to be permanent storage of hi res images. Honestly, once I've read the comments, I don't tend to go back through my gallery anyway. Keep your chin up, take a deep breath, and go play with the new grandbaby! **hugs**

No problem here! Kind of nice to start from a clean slate. I think any of my layouts that have gotten official recognition in some way are still visible; it's just the others in my own two galleries, but I've got all of those saved on my own hard drive. I will probably finish a second calendar layout this evening; it's OK to post new layouts?

No problem here! Kind of nice to start from a clean slate. I think any of my layouts that have gotten official recognition in some way are still visible; it's just the others in my own two galleries, but I've got all of those saved on my own hard drive. I will probably finish a second calendar layout this evening; it's OK to post new layouts?

You can post new layouts, but I think it might be better to use another challenge gallery. You can always move them to a personal gallery later.

Oh, my, I feel for you April, because I know you must be upset! But it definitely falls in the "these things happen" category. They do and that's that and we know you feel badly, but maybe it will work out eventually and if not, it wasn't intentional and we all know that and you have a new baby to think about, and that is real life! Hopefully we have our layouts someplace else, and we should! That's on us. I agree with Nica and thought about that last night....... we've been lucky to store our LO's in a permanent place for so long. I really don't re-read the comments either, and for an odd reason seem to remember them anyway, LOL. Like everyone else, I appreciate all of your hard work and don't tell you often enough.

Have a great day with your new grandbaby!

Dot is right - spend a day with the grandbaby. It will clear your head. Obviously I want my galleries back, but I can be patient since I know you guys are working to find a solution. Thanks for all your hard work and Congratulations on the new addition.

From what I can see there are still some missing images. If you have layouts that you uploaded earlier that aren't showing now, go ahead a re-upload them.

The class galleries are back. :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> I know a few of you moved your class images to your own galleries. I have controls that let me move all the images I select on a page at one time.

If you would like me to move your layouts from a class gallery into a member gallery, just let me know which ones and where. I'm doing it off the clock because you're my friends, so hopefully you don't have a bazillion images for me to move.

Archived