Newsletters

lorac

I have all of the Newsletters going back to February 2007 when I first started to receive them. Is there anyway that I can copy them over to my hard drive? I'm cleaning out my email files and I have over 2,000 Newsletters. I'll probably never read them again, but I don't want to trash them. You never know.

I don't know how to back up or copy whole newsletters from email. But I do copy tutorials from the newsletters, paste them into a word document, and save them in a tutorial folder. Of course, you'd have to re-read the newsletters . . .

Carol, do you not get your email to Thunderbird or Outlook or something like that? Because all you have to do is go to File>Save and select a folder on your computer to store it in. There are emails that I have to save going back to the 90's, and they number in the thousands. I've just moved them from computer to computer through the years! As long as they have the .eml file extension, I can open them in any email program, regardless of how old it is or what program it came from.

If you use webmail exclusively, then that does seem to be more complicated. I've got at least 4 email addresses to keep track of, I'd be lost without Thunderbird, LOL.

Carol, do you not get your email to Thunderbird or Outlook or something like that? Because all you have to do is go to File>Save and select a folder on your computer to store it in. There are emails that I have to save going back to the 90's, and they number in the thousands. I've just moved them from computer to computer through the years! As long as they have the .eml file extension, I can open them in any email program, regardless of how old it is or what program it came from.

If you use webmail exclusively, then that does seem to be more complicated. I've got at least 4 email addresses to keep track of, I'd be lost without Thunderbird, LOL.

I use Yahoo! for my emails. I'm just going to keep them on Yahoo! and not worry about moving them to my computer. I never heard of Thunderbird.

Archived