Thursday Challenge! 28 November

ValerieT

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate.

My original plan for this week was a tour of upstairs, but I think that might make a good theme for colour challenges. So you are going to have to wait for that idea.

I don't know what it is like where you all live but here in Yorkshire we do something rather unusual.

We all sit down to eat our evening meal together.

I'm sure most of you do the same, but here in Yorkshire the kids eat separately to their parents. I personally don't understand why they do and I sincerely hope it's a habit I never pick up.

Anyway, when we are all sat around the table, we talk. Sometimes we talk about what we've all been up to or the news but mostly we have fun. We tell jokes (bad ones), play games and generally be silly. For that hour or so we try to forget what's stressing us out, or what problems we may have and just enjoy each others company.

I did wonder for quite some time how I could turn this into a challenge, but the answer was obvious really. When we sit around the table we are a "group". And what do I love to add to my layouts? A cluster. A cluster is a group of embellishments, do you follow my thinking?

So you challenge is to include a cluster on your layout, and as I have four children I would like your cluster to have at least four embellishments in it.

Post your completed layouts in the Thursday Challenge Gallery and post a link back here so we can all leave you some love.

Here is my layout The Terrible Foursome

Our group for dinner was nine - DD & her husband, kids, and in-laws. And before they arrived, while the turkey was roasting, I worked on this page. Thanks for the challenge, Valerie. This is yet another set of photos that have been waiting for several years to be scrapped and printed.

Archived