• 8,900 posts
  • Personal Statement:Go slow.
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:47 AM

I'm curious - what fantastic projects are you all working on for this year's Christmas gifts?

#2 SodScrap

SodScrap

SGU Teacher's Pet

• Welcoming Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,001 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

Ummm...is it that time again? :disappearing-smilie: OH SNAP!! I ain't got nothin' started!

gallery_12013_66_4024.png

ShredButton.pngSG_Olympian.pngButton_Welcome.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif
SG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gif

#3 Bride

Bride

Zippity-Doo-Dah, Zippity-Ay, My oh my it’s a scrappin’ good day

• Creative Team
  • 8,900 posts
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

LOL Conda! You are a hoot, girlfriend!! This is a good place to share ideas and encourage each other in our projects.

#4 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,245 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

I remember way back in January I had a plan to do one calendar page a month....by December I would be done! What a grand idea! Unfortunately, I only made it through March, but at least I have those done. Starting to work on the rest of the year this afternoon. I did make little mini calendars (ATC size) for place cards for Thanksgiving and my guest loved them!

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif<p>BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

#5 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 30,404 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

I'm so glad your guests enjoyed the calendars, Ann!!!

I have my large calendars all done and printed and shipped to my house. My mother asked me about that last night. I have one or two projects in mind, but not sure what I'm going to do yet. I'm going to make a bunch of snowman ornaments but it's not paper crafting at all. I'll take pictures and share them anyway!

#6 SodScrap

SodScrap

SGU Teacher's Pet

• Welcoming Committee
  • 15,001 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

LOL Conda! You are a hoot, girlfriend!! This is a good place to share ideas and encourage each other in our projects.

I love everyone sharing ideas!! It inspires me!!

gallery_12013_66_4024.png

ShredButton.pngSG_Olympian.pngButton_Welcome.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif
SG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gif

#7 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,436 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

I think I will be making a cute dress for Adeline. Going to pick out fabric with Annette today.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#8 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,776 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

I think I will be making a cute dress for Adeline. Going to pick out fabric with Annette today.

Oh, I know you're going to have fun sewing for sweet Adeline! Can't wait to see what you make!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Bride

Bride

• Creative Team
  • 8,900 posts
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:59 AM

I am in the process of making ATC-sized desktop calendars for my women's Bible study. These are fashioned the same as the hybrid ATC calendar swap we did in October/November. Also making my granddaughter a "smash" type album using a mini clipboard as the cover for her to scrap her freshman year in high school.

#10 Bride

Bride

• Creative Team
  • 8,900 posts
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:00 AM

How fun that you have a sweet little one to sew for!! Can't wait to see a photo!

#11 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 30,404 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

I've taken on another project...decorating dh's office door for a contest. It's not his personal office door, but the door to his section. The Silhouette got a workout yesterday! I'll take photos when we assemble it all next weekend!

Also, I decided to make a little album for my grandfather full of photos of my grandmother. His house is solid photos of her and when he goes to stay with my dad, he doesn't have any. So he can take this little album with him and still have some of his photos.

#12 Bride

Bride

• Creative Team
  • 8,900 posts
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

I've taken on another project...decorating dh's office door for a contest. It's not his personal office door, but the door to his section. The Silhouette got a workout yesterday! I'll take photos when we assemble it all next weekend!

Also, I decided to make a little album for my grandfather full of photos of my grandmother. His house is solid photos of her and when he goes to stay with my dad, he doesn't have any. So he can take this little album with him and still have some of his photos.

I'm anxious to see dh's door!! And what a precious gift ... a lovely idea for your grandfather. I am betting he will treasure it dearly!

#13 Cheri T

Cheri T

Scrap Woman

• Design Team
  • 12,259 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm doing an 8 x 8 book for my father-in-law and sis-in-law of all of mother-in-law's slide show photos from her funeral. So essentially a synopsis of her entire life...So far there are 26 pages and I'm only about 60-70% "done" (and have quite a lot of journaling to fill in on the pages that are otherwise done). I'm hoping for a huge sale at Shutterfly, lol! (But not until I'm done;)

gallery_7171_66_111936.png
Button_Designer.pngButton_Published.pngSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#14 angleigh

angleigh

Customer Service Extraordinare

• Design Team
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

I think the only project i'm going to strive for this year is actually getting the tree up. Last year was the first year the boys didn't believe in Santa. When it came tree time, no one wanted to help or even cared if it was up. This year I hope to actually get it up and decorated. (actually Justin asked me the other day if he could just draw one on paper and tape it to the wall...lol)

#15 Bride

Bride

• Creative Team
  • 8,900 posts
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

I think the only project i'm going to strive for this year is actually getting the tree up. Last year was the first year the boys didn't believe in Santa. When it came tree time, no one wanted to help or even cared if it was up. This year I hope to actually get it up and decorated. (actually Justin asked me the other day if he could just draw one on paper and tape it to the wall...lol)

Oh my ... what a sense of humor Justin has!! We have a potted Norfolk Pine that I received years (I mean YEARS!) ago from my hubby when the tree was only a foot and half tall. Several transplants to larger pots (and years) later, it now stands about 5 foot, 10 inches tall and several years my husband has talked me into just decorating that for our "tree" ... it does look nice and is much easier than getting a tree and putting it up and decorating ... but to me it is just not the same. It is better than nothing ... but not the same ... it'll do in a pinch - like the year we waited until 3 days before Christmas ... but not the same. That might be a nice solution for you, Angie ... just get a Norfolk pine then all you have to do is water it throughout the year (as long as Diesel doesn't try to bury his turtle in the dirt) and decorate when the season strikes!

#16 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 30,404 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

LOL, that bit about Diesel made me laugh! My two ornaments are done (I made 9 of each). Now onto my book project!

#17 angleigh

angleigh

Customer Service Extraordinare

• Design Team
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

Have to tell you that tree is not up and not any closer to coming out of the box...lol

Now the boys want one of the small table top ones, and they want to put it on the old tool box we use as a coffee table. The scary thing is Ginger uses that as her "stage" she'll jump up there and just watch everyone in the room. I'm afraid she'll grab it and go running down the hall with it

#18 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 30,404 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

You can't put a tree on Ginger's stage! Good luck figuring it out!

I have a little tree I bought at Hobby Lobby. I bought it so the girls could decorate it with all their Rainbow Loom charms they are making. They haven't put any on it yet, but I'm excited to see it!

#19 Bride

Bride

• Creative Team
  • 8,900 posts
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

Have to tell you that tree is not up and not any closer to coming out of the box...lol

Now the boys want one of the small table top ones, and they want to put it on the old tool box we use as a coffee table. The scary thing is Ginger uses that as her "stage" she'll jump up there and just watch everyone in the room. I'm afraid she'll grab it and go running down the hall with it

What a hoot it must be around your house!! Have you ever .... just for grins .... AND to see what the boys might do .... consider hanging a tree upside down from the ceiling??? Just a thought! Now that could be some good scrapping material!!

#20 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 30,404 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

If I could see anyone doing that, Angie would be the one!

#21 tinkerbell11

tinkerbell11

Collector of shoes, wearer of FLIP FLOPS

• Creative Team
  • 12,438 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

I have so many projects going at once it is scary...I am actually going to a craft fair as a vendor on the 14 ackkkk! I have been sewing ALOT. Lots of baby items onesie dresses, onesie shirt/ties for boys, bibs, burb cloths, unpaper towels, wine cork ornaments, hooded animal towels (owls) and more. Hope I have enough to fill my spot I am a bit nervous!

gallery_10753_358_55511.png
Button_Welcome.pngSG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#22 Bride

Bride

• Creative Team
  • 8,900 posts
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

I have so many projects going at once it is scary...I am actually going to a craft fair as a vendor on the 14 ackkkk! I have been sewing ALOT. Lots of baby items onesie dresses, onesie shirt/ties for boys, bibs, burb cloths, unpaper towels, wine cork ornaments, hooded animal towels (owls) and more. Hope I have enough to fill my spot I am a bit nervous!

Everything I have seen you make (via pictures or at meet-ups or swaps) is adorable ... I'm sure you will do very well at the craft fair!

#23 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 30,404 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:25 AM

Good Luck Shannon!

#24 jhbren

jhbren

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

Wow! Some of you are very busy and ambitious! We have an artificial tree, but a fairly realistic one; I'm allergic to pine trees. :( We plan to put it, and the rest of my excessive collection of decorations, up this weekend. I used to make all the gifts we gave to family members, but as my vision is less acute, and my fingers moderately arthritic, I've done fewer hand made presents lately. This year, I'm making clothes for our DGD's American Girl doll - two outfits down, one to go, and installment six of the 12 days of Christmas ornaments for both grandkids. Those are almost done, too. We haven't even started our usual newsletter - I may just go buy some cards.

Hope all of you are successful with your assorted projects. Happy crafting and scrapping!

gallery_3248_66_75994.png

My gallery

#25 Nica

Nica

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Creative Team
  • 4,450 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love God
    Love Others
    Offer Hope

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

Sooo...does helping my son with his boat for the Rain Gutter Regatta count? They'll be racing the boats tonight at cub scouts. He wanted Santa to be driving and a reindeer on the flag, so we used Ginny's North Pole Friends. ;)

gallery_18472_66_10768.jpg

Monica

SG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.png      

#26 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 30,404 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

I've been using that collection, Monica! I have my cards printed out and ready to assemble, my project for the blog almost finished and haven't started my recipe card or my grandfather's gift. But all the out of town presents (except the gift I haven't made yet) are wrapped, cut out cookies done, and dh's office door decorated! It's been a busy weekend!

#27 Bride

Bride

• Creative Team
  • 8,900 posts
    Be God-struck.
    Grant grace.
    Live Truth.
    Give Thanks.
    Become the gift.

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

Day before Christmas Eve I finished knitting a scarf and matching fingerless gloves for our son's new girlfriend who is spending the night and celebrating Christmas with us. Hope she likes them!

#28 jenrou

jenrou

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 5,825 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

Oh my goodness! You girls are so crafty. Let's just say I'm with Justin on the tree...We never finished decorating ours. DH and I decided we'd buy our own gifts and we still haven't been shopping. I did go to a Fairy House workshop just for fun. Need some motivation!

gallery_17266_66_4077.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users