December Monthly Layout Contest: Shoes!

CRS

It's December and our last Monthly Layout Contest of 2013! Did you know that in Holland on the night of December 5th children leave clogs or shoes out when they go to bed for Sinterklaas to fill with presents and sweets? This month we are focusing on……SHOES! We'd love to see your layouts focusing on shoes - any kind, type or color! You might have a funny "shoe" story or want to show off a new pair. Maybe you still have your baby shoes or a pair so old they are falling apart. Anything goes, as long as it involves shoes!smile.gif

Please post your completed layouts in the December Monthly Layout Gallery by December 31st before midnight Eastern Time and you could win a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique! Be sure to add your product credits to the description area or in the EXIF properties in order to be eligible for the prize. Good luck!

Ahhhhhh- shoes! I'll bet I have more than I can possible count but I do have one pair in mind - if I can slip away from my nursing duties, I'll sure give this one a try! Good topic, Carla!

My layout may not be fancy but I'll give it a try - what a fun challenge!

Oh Sinterklaas kapoentje, leg wat in mijn schoentje, leg wat in mijn laarsje, dank u Sinterklaasje. A Very old song sang for Sinterklaas

I grew up with this tradition and as a child it was the most fantastic time of the year for us and is still going strong, a carrot and a turnip was put in our shoes on the eve of Sinterklaas as his white horse rides across the roofs of all the homes when the chidlren are sleeping, his horse would be very hungry indeed.

Presents, chocolates, marzipan, clementines were then left by Sinterklaas and his helpers it is a truly magical day for all the children - young and old.

Our primary school was opposite our house and my mother told us in our older years that the local vicar used our house as a base to get changed into his clothes so that he didn't have too far to go - blink blink blink :rolleyes::P;):lol:

When my son was an exchange student in Belgium they have something like this and he loved it smile.gif I don't have many shoe photos only the ones DD has sent me as she takes a photo of her feet everywhere she visits (weird I know smile.gif )

Jane, I am so glad to read this because my sister always laughs that I do the same thing, too! I take photos of my feet in different places to prove I've been there. :)

Archived