I'm So Embarrassed....i'm Addicted....

While looking through my large stash of ScrapGirl supplies for a Thankful Album, I was shocked and embarrassed. As I was scrolling and scrolling and scrolling (you get the picture) through the goodies, I was amazed at how much I have gotten of SG supplies over the years. There was goodies that I had gotten and totally forgotten I had. I spent a couple of hours just admiring all the wonderful goodies that I had and never used. I remember thinking that if I never bought another thing, I'd still probably never use all my supplies, not that that's going to ever happen! LOL I come to the boutique and oh and ah over the new stuff and there is always something that I just can't seem to live without it seems!

But I have made an early New Year resolution to start going back through my stash and using some of those precious goodies that I just had to have! That doesn't mean my buying days are over, I just wanna do both. LOL

Thank you wonderful designers for the great job you continue to do here at ScrapGirls!!

I'm so glad I'm in such good company! It makes me feel alittle less back. I'm addicted and I love it! I usually go through the new stuff and would just love one of everything! But that's not possible. bouncing-frog.gif

Oh yes, you're in very good company! We seem to all be scrapaholics, and there's no 12 step program for us. I've started an organization system that helps me to use more of what I have. Since it's much easier for me to choose products visually than by name, I put preview images of each new purchase in a dedicated iPhoto library, and add keywords to help filter things by theme, season, color, kind of embellishment (e.g., flowers), etc. And I force myself to similarly file any product I use that hasn't already been added to the library. I'm slowly increasing use of what I already have. But I won'd - can't - stop buying all those beautiful collections, brushes, word art . . . Thank goodness for a high capacity EHD! And shop on!

I am so guilty of this. A few months ago I went through to make sure I downloaded everything I bought and was shocked at how much I have and have forgotten about. I, too, am going to go through all my stash and maybe try to put things in categories so I can use them more frequently.

Karen

I must join this group. One day, I promise myself that I won't buy anything else for awhile and then a sale comes along! The designers here create such beautiful stuff, and it seems there is always a sale. It really isn't our fault!!!! LOL!

Hey what would us designers do with our time if we didn't have all you wonderful scrappers to design for? Don't stop buying, guys, you're keeping us too busy to get up to mischief - thank you all, you rock!! :penguins:

Oh my gosh. I decided to put all of my alphas in a spreadsheet so that I could keep them in alphabetical order and have them all in one place with a picture of what they look like. What a job. It took me two nights. The first night I barely got through the B's. Turns out I have at least 171 kits. I'm sure that some of you can leave me in the dust, but I'm not a very prolific scrapper and have many kits that I haven't used. I need to tweek my spreadsheet a little, but I am rather pleased with how it turned out. I'm sure there is a better way to do this but I couldn't find one. Now off to buy Brandy Murray's new Christmas collection. LOL

Karen

I enjoyed reading this thread, you ladies made me giggle. You are true scrapbookers, no impostors here. Enjoy using all your collections as I am sure there will be many more fabulous must-have products to come.

Archived