2013-12-02 Monday Challenge

Nica

Today's challenge is to use one of the NL tutorials that you've been saving to try. I'm working on a layout (yes, another calendar page :disappearing-smilie: ) using April's Thanksgiving Cookbook Tutorial.

You can find the NL archives here.

Post your layouts in the Monday Challenge Gallery with a link to the tutorial you used.

I'll post mine as soon as I get it done.

How do you search the Newsletter archives? I didn't see anywhere to search NLs on the home page, and on the blog, I could only find NL archives for 2013 from Jan - April. I know I am overlooking it somewhere. Thanks.

Scroll down to the bottom of the link Monica posted and there is another link for older posts. That will take you to another page of newsletter archives, back to Nov 2011.

Older Posts

How do you search the Newsletter archives? I didn't see anywhere to search NLs on the home page, and on the blog, I could only find NL archives for 2013 from Jan - April. I know I am overlooking it somewhere. Thanks.

Scroll down to the bottom of the link Monica posted and there is another link for older posts. That will take you to another page of newsletter archives, back to Nov 2011.

Older Posts

Thanks, Melanie!

This challenge was cool--I had just gone through some old files this weekend, and was inspired to customize a JIF layout from this tutorial:

Jazzing up a JIF page

I started with one of Durin Eberhart's Cutting Garden JIF layouts, but had to change it up to fit my needs. I added an extra photo, applying Brandy Murry's Megalift action to give a layer look. I rearranged the design a bit, and added in a title and word art to which I applied Durin's Dyed Fabric styles. I also added coordinating tags from Durin's Cutting Garden collection. In order to accommodate my new design, I had to move the brushwork layer down on the page. This caused the brushwork to run over the edge of the top background layer onto lower layers. To clean this up, I added a new layer under the brushwork, and clipped the design to it. Voila! Pretty as a picture!

My birthday

Older Posts

sorry, didn't make my self clear. Actually I found the older NLs. What I was asking was how to search them. Is there a field where you type in what you are looking for? Or do you just have to look through all of them yourself? Also the tutorial I was looking for was in a fairly recent NL, within the last couple of months, so the Jan - April 2013 archive doesn't help me. Thanks for your help.

Older Posts

sorry, didn't make my self clear. Actually I found the older NLs. What I was asking was how to search them. Is there a field where you type in what you are looking for? Or do you just have to look through all of them yourself? Also the tutorial I was looking for was in a fairly recent NL, within the last couple of months, so the Jan - April 2013 archive doesn't help me. Thanks for your help.

Karen,

You can use the search box on the right side of the blog to search for a specific topic. If it is a more recent article try searching your e-mail.

Archived