Question On Using Snu Curled Paper Template

Dedew

Hi girls,

I am new to this site, and a mediocre digital scrapper. I have this question: I just purchased Sydnee Knuckles curled paper templates. Where the paper is curled there is a highlight and a shadow, of course. The problem is how do I re add that highlight and shadow when I clip a slightly different color to the curl? The sample shows one layout with the curl remaining the silvery white color (the original), but another example of them changing the curl paper to look like it actually works with the paper of our choosing. When I add my paper to the curl, there is no highlight or shadow...can't figure out how to put it in there...it just looks flat.

Thanks,

Dede W

Hi Dede, Diane has given you some good advice. I'm not sure exactly which templates you are referring to, but Syndee has written a great tutorial in PDF format that you may also find helpful. You can download the tutorial here: Post #2 Let us know if you still need help, and welcome to Scrap Girls! :)

Hi Dede! I'm not sure which of Syndee's templates you are using, but the one I have used is SNU_SSPaper_CurledTorn and I can share a few tips with you. Some may be more obvious than others, but rather than assume you know, I'll share all steps.

1. After opening a new document (so we don't lose the template by mistake), drag all layers of the PSD to your new document.

2. Drag your bottom paper onto layer one. This will be the paper peeking out from behind the curled one. I used Durin's Merrydale paper 7 roses.

3. Drag your base paper of choice onto the base layer and clip.

4. Drag your curled paper onto 'curl torn' layer and clip. I lowered the opacity of that paper to about 63% for the gradient to show. (Layer 3 in sample)

5. On the 'curl torn' layer I added a drop shadow, putting it on it's own layer and moving it slightly to the left.

6. On the 'bottom tear' layer I added a drop shadow.

Hope this helps!!

gallery_10223_4580_204618.jpg

Lei, I have been using the templates with good results except that the gradient for the curl never showed through. I reduced the opacity like you mentioned in step #4 and I finally got the result I wanted. Thanks for the good information.

Lei, I have been using the templates with good results except that the gradient for the curl never showed through. I reduced the opacity like you mentioned in step #4 and I finally got the result I wanted. Thanks for the good information.

You are welcome. I'm so glad that worked for you!

Archived