Gallery Was Down, But Is Up Again

We apologize but the Scrap Girls Gallery and chat application are currently off-line while we work through some software upgrade issues.

While we have completed the software upgrade we are still working through some bugs to try and get it functioning properly. Basically the forum is working ok, but the gallery is loading so slowly that we're concerned that if we turn it back online the server will be overloaded. The chat software needs some more tweaking before we'll be able to use it. The people at the software company that runs our forum and gallery are working on this issue, but we're not sure what the time frame for the software fix will be.

Your layouts are still on the server and in the database so you can rest assured that there aren't issues with that. It is simply that the gallery software isn't currently able to handle a gallery as large as ours at this point. We're hopeful it will only require a few changes on the software company's part to get things working right away.

We're excited to get back to scrapping and visiting with all of the wonderful members in our Scrap Girls digital scrapbooking community! In the mean time we hope you're making some wonderful layouts, hybrid projects and other fun things that you can share with us soon!

The Forum is back on line and we're working to restore the chat application by Monday, December 9th for the Art Journaling chat at 9pm, but we may not be able to have the gallery set to be visible at that point.

Thanks so much for your patience and happy scrapping!

Thank you for all you've done, Wendee! It's been great seeing the updates when trying to got on the Forum. I'm sure you are super busy this time of year and didn't need all this extra stress, but we sure do appreciate it!

Thanks Wendee

I have not been on the forum much lately and when I came for a visit today..... I was surprised to see no gallery... now I know why.

Things are looking really nice. It will take me some time to get used to the changes. What happend to the 'What's On Your Mind' section?

Thanks Wendee and everyone else for all of the hard work that you gals have been doing over the past month. Once everything is up and running, I'm sure we will all love the changes.

Things are looking really nice. It will take me some time to get used to the changes. What happend to the 'What's On Your Mind' section?

Thanks Wendee and everyone else for all of the hard work that you gals have been doing over the past month. Once everything is up and running, I'm sure we will all love the changes.

Carol,

Are you referring to the Status Updates? You can toggle the side bar items off and on by clicking on the right end of the purple bar.

I haven't changed any forum categories since Novmeber 15th.

I did make it so you have to be logged in to see some of the topics in the Real Life section.

The gallery looks terrific!

I do have a question...so far I haven't found a page by page view of the latest layouts...from newest to oldest. Is there still that option? View new content for me just brought up a list of specific galleries that have at least one new image in them. Then I'd have to click into each of those galleries to get to the new layout(s). I can live with that but if the old option exists I'd prefer it.

I am really having trouble getting to the site using IE. I prefer that browser because it has always worked the best for me. Is anyone else having issues? When I click on the SG icon in My Favorites, a blank page comes up. Then sometimes it will work if I type in the site address, but sometimes I also get a blank page when I do that. When that happens, I do a search which usually works. Just now though I had to change browsers. Firefox has really been wonky for me lately so I hate it. I used Google Chrome to get here just now.

I am really having trouble getting to the site using IE. I prefer that browser because it has always worked the best for me. Is anyone else having issues? When I click on the SG icon in My Favorites, a blank page comes up. Then sometimes it will work if I type in the site address, but sometimes I also get a blank page when I do that. When that happens, I do a search which usually works. Just now though I had to change browsers. Firefox has really been wonky for me lately so I hate it. I used Google Chrome to get here just now.

If you're getting to the forum from your favorites, you may need to go to the forum and set a new one. scrapgirls.net/forum/ should get you to the main forum page.

I do have a question...so far I haven't found a page by page view of the latest layouts...from newest to oldest. Is there still that option? View new content for me just brought up a list of specific galleries that have at least one new image in them. Then I'd have to click into each of those galleries to get to the new layout(s). I can live with that but if the old option exists I'd prefer it.

Hi Cheri, I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but when you go the gallery, scroll down to the bottom and there is a section of Recent Images. There are 20 images showing there. HTH :)

I know that last time we upgraded the forum, that was something they added to make it display at the top like that. We'll see if we can get something similar with this version.

I know that last time we upgraded the forum, that was something they added to make it display at the top like that. We'll see if we can get something similar with this version.

I've been looking for this too. What I've found is that if you choose Gallery, then choose View New Content, you will get a page of thumbnails that has page navigation buttions on it. Give that a try and see if it's what you are looking for.

I've been looking for this too. What I've found is that if you choose Gallery, then choose View New Content, you will get a page of thumbnails that has page navigation buttions on it. Give that a try and see if it's what you are looking for.

This is cool. You can select how you want to view the latest images by selecting from the options on the left side of the page. You can view by:

Section: Images, Comments, Albums

Time Period: Content I have not read, New since my last visit, Past 24 hours, etc.

Other: Items I follow, I participated in, I started.

I LIKE it!

The Recent Images at the bottom of the main gallery page only show the most recent 25 images.

This is cool. You can select how you want to view the latest images by selecting from the options on the left side of the page. You can view by:

Time Period: Content I have not read, New since my last visit, Past 24 hours, etc.

I LIKE it!

The Recent Images at the bottom of the main gallery page only show the most recent 25 images.

Msgb and Teecee, that was exactly what I needed - thanks a bunch!

April, that would be even awesomer (lol) if it could be a one click up top as before...but I'm sure there are other things more pressing and I'm happy for now:)

I LIKE it!

I've been looking for more than the last 25 images -- all at once, all on one page together (not in categories)? I went to the gallery to look for all the layouts I missed before the MB was down and right after it was up, but couldn't get back far enough in time.

I'm thinking maybe it can't be done that way anymore?

I LIKE it!

I've been looking for more than the last 25 images -- all at once, all on one page together (not in categories)? I went to the gallery to look for all the layouts I missed before the MB was down and right after it was up, but couldn't get back far enough in time.

Marilyn, go to the main gallery and click on View New Content. Then on the left side of the page, under Content Type "Gallery" should have a check mark next to it. Then under By Section, check Images, under Time Period, choose your time period. You can choose any time period from content you haven't read all the way up to the past year. I just tried it and under Past 6 months, 136 pages come up for me. HTH

It's simple and I LOVE it!! :rudolf:

I LIKE it!

Marilyn, go to the main gallery and click on View New Content. Then on the left side of the page, under Content Type "Gallery" should have a check mark next to it. Then under By Section, check Images, under Time Period, choose your time period. You can choose any time period from content you haven't read all the way up to the past year. I just tried it and under Past 6 months, 136 pages come up for me. HTH

It's simple and I LOVE it!! :rudolf:

Cool, cool, COOL! Theresa!!! Thank you I am going to try it as soon as I eat dinner, yay!

Many thanks! :)

Archived