Photo Basics 5001 Problem

bitzee

I am having trouble using MRE_SSTools_Actions_Photo Basics 5001 on a photo. I am using PS CS3 Extended. My B&W photo in TIF format. When I play the Classic Sepia wColor action, the error message states “Could not complete the command because that content type is not supported for this color mode”. Can anyone help me, please?

I have used that action in several different versions of photoshop and haven't had a problem. I had that happening with a PS Plug-in recently. It kept crashing with one photo, yet any other I tried from the same session worked fine. I'd try copying and pasting the image into another page or restarting PS. So frustrating.

Bitzee, I have that action, and just converted a JPEG photo to Black & white, and tried it. It worked, BUT Classic Sepia produces a much brighter and clearer sepia print than Classic Sepia with Color applied to B&W. Saved the B&W as a Tiff. Same results--both actions work, but on a B&W image, the plain Classic Sepia gave me more pleasing results (at least for this photo.)

Before you run it, Open it in the actions palette, showing the steps. post-17172-0-35668300-1386564996_thumb.jpg

There are about 30 steps in this action. Note where it is when it stops. If you identify the particular step, it may be easier to figure out what's going awry.

Thanks everyone. Barbara & April, I will try your suggestions later today. Just got back from the eye doctor and my dilated eyes aren't too good right now for detail work. I will let you know how everything turns out.

“Could not complete the command because that content type is not supported for this color mode”.

Would changing the color mode to "RGB" do the trick? Sometimes I have "Indexed Color" and that prevents me from editing until I change it to "RGB".

Archived