April Showers

Avatar & Profile = One Photo - You May Need To Edit It.

14 posts in this topic

Finally, we only need to upload ONE photo for our profile and avatar! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:
However, they all need to be cropped to a SQUARE or you'll get a warped looking image.

If your image looks right, you don't need to do anything.

If your image looks warped, you will need to re-upload your image and crop it to a square.

Since the controls have changed, I've included a few screen shots with the instructions. Click on the image to view it at a larger size.

First, click on your user name at the top right of the forum. Click on "My Settings."

2013_Avatar-1_SS.jpg

Choose "Change My Photo"

2013_AvatarUpdate_SS2.jpg

Now you can browse to upload your image. The image size is set to 150x150 pixels.

The file can't be larger than 100kb

If your image is rectangular, you can crop your image to a square by clicking "Adjust Crop."

2013_AvatarUpdate_SS3.jpg

I uploaded a rectangular image for the screen shot, but I always crop my image before I upload since it is easier for me to crop it in Photoshop.

Thanks for the info April. BTW, I love your avatar!

Thanks, April!

Thanks April for the instructions. Just changed my pic and am now "slimmed down." Easiest weight loss ever.

Thanks! Yeah I noticed I have a fatter than normal face. Lol. Your avatar is beautiful April.

Just FYI, when April says re-upload, she means it. I kept trying to adjust the crop, but nothing worked until I removed the photo and uploaded a "new" one. I chose a different photo, just for fun, but you can choose the same photo over again.

I'm a little warped looking. Will work on this in a little bit. Thanks for the information April!

Need to check my avatar and see what it looks like. Thanks for the info.

It looks okay to me. I tried to crop it, and it came out wonky. So I'm leaving it alone. It's not as large as your photo, so if it needs to be changed, April, please let me know.

Thanks April, but I prefer to keep my photo. I look a lot slimmer now. :giggle_bear:

Mine is a little warped too but I just tried it to see if I could do it - I'll work on it later when I have more time! Thanks, April for the tips!