Avatar & Profile = One Photo - You May Need To Edit It.

April Showers

Finally, we only need to upload ONE photo for our profile and avatar! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:
However, they all need to be cropped to a SQUARE or you'll get a warped looking image.

If your image looks right, you don't need to do anything.

If your image looks warped, you will need to re-upload your image and crop it to a square.

Since the controls have changed, I've included a few screen shots with the instructions. Click on the image to view it at a larger size.

First, click on your user name at the top right of the forum. Click on "My Settings."

2013_Avatar-1_SS.jpg

Choose "Change My Photo"

2013_AvatarUpdate_SS2.jpg

Now you can browse to upload your image. The image size is set to 150x150 pixels.

The file can't be larger than 100kb

If your image is rectangular, you can crop your image to a square by clicking "Adjust Crop."

2013_AvatarUpdate_SS3.jpg

I uploaded a rectangular image for the screen shot, but I always crop my image before I upload since it is easier for me to crop it in Photoshop.

Just FYI, when April says re-upload, she means it. I kept trying to adjust the crop, but nothing worked until I removed the photo and uploaded a "new" one. I chose a different photo, just for fun, but you can choose the same photo over again.

Archived