Forum Issues? Post Them Here!

April Showers

I feel like I'm jumping around from thread to thread looking for things you're all having trouble with on the forum. I'd LOVE to have it all in one thread so I can subscribe and keep track. :drive1:

• I'm sure we'll get lots of questions, so if you are replying to someone else's question, please quote it so I can follow it.
  • I'll also take forum tutorial suggestions on this thread.

There are several things we are already aware of and working on:

• Gallery Comment Moderation - This was a permissions issue, if you have problems, contact me.
  • Gallery upload issues - This was a permissions issue, if you have problems, contact me.
  • View Latest Gallery Images - How To View The Latest Gallery Images
  • Status Update Bar - Look! Wendee fixed it!
  • Gallery Post Count - How To View Your Gallery Comment Count
  • Problems Pasting Links - This is an IE 11 problem - Westina explains how to work around it here.
  • Board Emails with redirected links - We are still working on the fix for this.
  • Viewing Unread Comments - BarbaraC1977 explains some tips here.
  • Top Posters - The link is on the main forum page at the bottom right.
  • Auto log-in issues
  • Gallery & Forum notifications and emails - Check your notifications settings.
  • Not getting notifications emails - Some email providers are blocking forum emails. We are in the process of getting that resolved. You can change the alert type in your settings until it is cleared up.
  • Notification settings - not as many options as before.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April, I have found the easiest way to view the latest gallery images is to go to the Gallery, and click on the View New Content tab on the right side of the page.

This takes you to a page where you can choose specifics to view. For example, I went in and since I was already at the gallery main page, under By Content Type, Gallery already had a check mark beside it. Next, under By Section I checked Images, under By Time Period I checked past 6 months, and I didn't check anything under Other. My choices brought up 136 pages of images from the past 6 months. So, you can view images from the last time you visited, or the past 24 hours or any of the other choices all the way up to the past year. It's really pretty simple.

Also, you can go directly to New Forum Content, Members Content, or Calendar Content, all from this same place, and the View New Content tab on any page will take you to the same list. In each area you will have the option to check how you want to view the information. So, if I want to see all the members who have joined SG in the past 2 weeks, I would just click Members and that would take me to a Members area and I would just check Past 2 weeks. This would bring up a page with all the members who have joined in the past 2 weeks. I could also click Profile Feed and that would bring up all of the status updates for the time period I had checked.

I copied/pasted this from the page:

New content

Explore content from the community
By content typeBy sectionBy time periodOther

Note: You can also view the most recent images if you scroll down to the bottom of the main gallery page, but there are only 20 of the most recent images there.

I can also get you some screenshots if you need them. HTH

I know there were a couple of members who were unable to copy/paste things and we think it may be an IE thing. I haven't tried to copy/paste anything from IE or Chrome. I'm using Firefox and I haven't had any trouble at all. Links haven't been an issue.

I found this helpful for uploading to the gallery. Note: I copied/pasted this information from Lei's Post # 4

Thank you Lei!

When you are in the gallery that you wish to upload your layout,

1. Click on the purple upload button on the right hand side of your screen and give it a few seconds to change.
  2. You will be on the “Step 1 Upload Media” page which will display the last image uploaded to that gallery. Under that image is a button that says “Choose File”. Click on it and navigate on your computer to the file where you image is stored. Double click and allow it to be uploaded to this page.
  3. Across from this button, on the right side is another purple “Upload” button. Click on it.
  4. This will take you to a screen with a “Review & Publish” page – another purple button on the right side. Fill in the Title, Tags and Description as we had done in the past, then click on “Finish/Publish” at the bottom.

Hope that helps!

I am delighted with the individual layout pages and that when you go to them now the layouts are large like they used to be, not the tiny ones we had at first, thanks Wendee!

But, now of course if you accidentally touch the screen/layout, you get what used-to-be a larger image... And is now actually smaller.

I'm thinking that maybe that feature could now be tuned off as it's not needed anymore and is actually a bit of an annoyance?

Everyday now when I click on a link in my email, like today: http://scrapgirls.net/forum/topic/60577-high-noon-crop/?view=getnewpost, it takes me to a website that is trying to sell something. This only seems to happen the first time I click on the link. I close the tab and try to click again, and it takes me to the correct page at SG. Very strange! Is this happening to anyone else?

When I want to follow a layout in my gallery, there are only two options: Instantly or only when off line. What ever happened to just once in a while. The new way has too many emails being sent out. Is there anyway that this can be fixed to the way it was before?

When I want to follow a layout in my gallery, there are only two options: Instantly or only when off line. What ever happened to just once in a while. The new way has too many emails being sent out. Is there anyway that this can be fixed to the way it was before?

You can adjust your notification settings.

• Click on your forum name at the top right of the page.
  • Choose "My Settings" from the drop down.
  • Choose "Notification Options"

I hope that helps.

I know there were a couple of members who were unable to copy/paste things and we think it may be an IE thing. I haven't tried to copy/paste anything from IE or Chrome. I'm using Firefox and I haven't had any trouble at all. Links haven't been an issue.

Okay, this isn't a browser issue.

They have just changed how the box works.

Before you could open the box and type in your text and then add the link in the other box.

Now, the first box is "Link Type" to link a product, you will need to have URL selected

paste your link in the second (URL) box and it will paste in using the URL text.

The old forum had another icon for inserting email, now they combined.

If you would like to link text, you will need to

• Copy the URL you would like to link
  • Type or paste your text first
  • Highlight the text you would like linked
  • Click on the link icon
  • Paste the URL into the URL box.

I can highlight the text under a thumbnail of a collection in the boutique, copy it and paste it into the browser without any trouble.

Personally, I use Firefox with the CoLT Add-on.

CoLT is the reason I still use Firefox.

The Add-on allows you to right click on a link in the boutique and choose "Copy As" which gives a set of different file types. The forum uses BB Code, but I am able to paste Rich Text HTML too.

After you've copied the link, you can just paste it in your post. No need to use the link icon at all.

Before you could open the box and type in your text and then add the link in the other box.

Now, the first box is "Link Type" to link a product, you will need to have URL selected

paste your link in the second (URL) box and it will paste in using the URL text.

• type or paste it first
  • highlight the text
  • click on the link icon
  • paste the URL into the URL box.
  • Click OK

I can highlight the text under a thumbnail of a collection in the boutique, copy it and paste it into the browser without any trouble.

The Add-on allows you to right click on a link in the boutique and choose "Copy As" which gives a set of different file types. The forum uses BB Code, but I am able to paste Rich Text HTML too.

After you've copied the link, you can just paste it in your post. No need to use the link icon at all.

Hi April, I don't know what the problem is. I just tired to copy/paste in IE and I couldn't paste anything. I could copy, but nothing would paste for me. When I try CTRL V nothing happens, when I right click to select Paste, there is no Paste option available. I wasn't trying to link anything - I was just testing IE to copy and paste. I checked in Chrome and it seems to work okay for me.

• type or paste it first
  • highlight the text
  • click on the link icon
  • Click OK

Hi April, I don't know what the problem is. I just tired to copy/paste in IE and I couldn't paste anything. I could copy, but nothing would paste for me. When I try CTRL V nothing happens, when I right click to select Paste, there is no Paste option available. I wasn't trying to link anything - I was just testing IE to copy and paste. I checked in Chrome and it seems to work okay for me.

I'm having the same issue still, no ability to paste in IE. Firefox works just fine! I miss Colt, so I'll definitely stick with it for the links in the future, but I do miss IE, lol!

What version of IE are you using? I couldn't duplicate the problem.

I tried both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of IE9.

I turned compatibility mode off and on and that didn't make a difference.

I tried with a regular Member account too in case it was my Admin settings.

I could paste in all of them.

Everyday now when I click on a link in my email, like today: http://scrapgirls.net/forum/topic/60577-high-noon-crop/?view=getnewpost, it takes me to a website that is trying to sell something. This only seems to happen the first time I click on the link. I close the tab and try to click again, and it takes me to the correct page at SG. Very strange! Is this happening to anyone else?

I've been taken to a strange site as well. If it happens again to either of us Carol, copy the link it took you to and email it to April to help her figure it out.

I'm in Firefox if that matters.

Not sure I've seen this one mentioned yet. I'm using Firefox...

In the past when I would click on a thread that I had previously read, it would take me to the exact next message...it kept track of what I'd seen previously. Now I'm always taken to the first post on each thread. That would be a handy thing to have back if possible.

Hi Cheri, if you click on View New Content, then look to the left of the threads that come up, you should see a small star or circle (hover over it and it should say go to first unread post) click on it and it takes you to the first post you haven't read. I'm using Firefox and it works perfectly for me. HTH :xmastree:

They have changed how the box works.

• type or paste it first
  • highlight the text
  • click on the link icon
  • Click OK

I'm having the same issue still, no ability to paste in IE. Firefox works just fine! I miss Colt, so I'll definitely stick with it for the links in the future, but I do miss IE, lol!

Okay, I just got back from digging through the IPB forums and they say this is an IE 11 issue.

Those of you who can't paste are probably all using that, right?

We can't fix it. It looks like IPB is waiting for an IE fix.

If you want to paste, you'll need to use another browser.

Hi April,

I was just coming to let you know my version of IE is 11. I tried adding the site to my compatibility list (the compatibility view tool is hidden in IE 11) but that didn't help either.

Thanks for letting us know.

I'm not real concerned for myself since I normally use Firefox or Chrome. :xmastree:

Hi Cheri, if you click on View New Content, then look to the left of the threads that come up, you should see a small star or circle (hover over it and it should say go to first unread post) click on it and it takes you to the first post you haven't read. I'm using Firefox and it works perfectly for me. HTH :xmastree:

I'll give that a try - thank you Theresa!

In the past when I would click on a thread that I had previously read, it would take me to the exact next message...it kept track of what I'd seen previously. Now I'm always taken to the first post on each thread. That would be a handy thing to have back if possible.

I agree Cheri, that was nice and would be helpful again . It helps when I'm reading threads on the MB - usually when I clicked on the last name, it would bring me to the last posted thread but now it doesn't - it brings me to the first. The thing is, I'm not using "New content" - I'm just reading down the MB and checking threads and I'd rather do it that way than go to "View New Content" -- too many extra steps! :)

I agree Cheri, that was nice and would be helpful again . It helps when I'm reading threads on the MB - usually when I clicked on the last name, it would bring me to the last posted thread but now it doesn't - it brings me to the first. The thing is, I'm not using "New content" - I'm just reading down the MB and checking threads and I'd rather do it that way than go to "View New Content" -- too many extra steps! :)

Marilyn, have you tried View New Content as I mentioned in my post here: Post #15 It is soooo simple and you can set it so that it will only bring up the threads you have not read at all, or the content for the past 24 hours or past week or any other time period you want. When the page of thread comes up, you just click on the little star or circle that you see to the left of the thread and it takes you to the last post in the thread. I like it way better than the old way because I can choose any time period at any time. Once you've set it, it will remember your settings until you change them again, and you can change them any time. EASY PEASY :rudolf:

Marilyn, have you tried View New Content as I mentioned in my post here: Post #15 It is soooo simple and you can set it so that it will only bring up the threads you have not read at all, or the content for the past 24 hours or past week or any other time period you want. When the page of thread comes up, you just click on the little star or circle that you see to the left of the thread and it takes you to the last post in the thread. I like it way better than the old way because I can choose any time period at any time. Once you've set it, it will remember your settings until you change them again, and you can change them any time. EASY PEASY :rudolf:

Thanks Theresa, yes I did read your post, but I prefer perusing down the Threads on the MB itself and clicking on what I want to read! Has nothing to do with New Content, I like browsing through the topics on the MB and seeing them all, not just new content, etc. So I'd like the last post to come up when I do that, not the first one. I never read the threads by a time period or as new content.

PS love your reindeer.

Oh NO! Just happened to me like Carol and some others. I clicked on the layout link in my email notification telling me there was a new comment and I was brought to a weird site. I closed it quickly, when I clicked again it brought me to the layout. :(

Oh NO! Just happened to me like Carol and some others. I clicked on the layout link in my email notification telling me there was a new comment and I was brought to a weird site. I closed it quickly, when I clicked again it brought me to the layout. :(

It you are having this problem, could you please forward the email to me? (games@scrapgirls)

It would also be helpful to send me the original link it send you to.

We'll need documentation for our support ticket.

Thanks!

It you are having this problem, could you please forward the email to me? (games@scrapgirls)

It would also be helpful to send me the original link it send you to.

We'll need documentation for our support ticket.

Thanks!

Sure, will do April. Unfortunately when I got the page I was startled and closed it quick and when I reclicked it gave me the correct page as Carol said. I'll try again, though and will send you the email.

April, when I was using my husband's laptop when we were on vacation a few weeks ago, his Norton security advised of a Malvertisement Website Redirect intrusion attempt the minute I browsed the SG forum. When we got back home, I immediately installed Malwarebytes on my desktop computer and scanned, but it has not detected anything. I'll send you a screenshot of what Norton detected.

I don't have a compatability button anymore, so I must be in IE 11. I'm pretty sure that I did upgrade to that. Thanks for looking into this mess for us, April! I'll just use Firefox for now!

Hi Carla, I have IE 11 and the compatibility button is hidden. You have to go to Tools>Compatibility View settings and add the name of the site. I added SG to the list and I still couldn't paste using IE 11. I'm glad I use Firefox and sometimes Chrome - I like them a whole lot better. :xmastree:

They have changed how the box works.

• type or paste it first
  • highlight the text
  • click on the link icon
  • Click OK

Okay, I just got back from digging through the IPB forums and they say this is an IE 11 issue.

Those of you who can't paste are probably all using that, right?

We can't fix it. It looks like IPB is waiting for an IE fix.

If you want to paste, you'll need to use another browser.

I upgraded to IE11 just a week ago or so, wish I hadn't... I can't pay my bills, the internet bank doesn't work...

The problems I found in the forum and gallery so far are:

* can't copy - paste

* can't quote (had to change to Chrome to write this)

* can't make links in the gallery, the pop up box doesn't go away with cancel or OK

I just have to get used to Chrome, but it sure is hard to brake a habit =)

Despite of these problems I just love the the new look!

//Lena

My husband's laptop has IE 11 and I was able to paste into a comment using his machine

1. Type your text up to the point where you want to paste

2. Click on the "lightswitch" in the upper left corner of the editor box (it seems to toggle off all formatting options at that point)

3. Paste

4. Toggle the lightswitch back on to continue editing

You might want to give it a try if you have IE 11. Let us know if it works.

Thanks Theresa, yes I did read your post, but I prefer perusing down the Threads on the MB itself and clicking on what I want to read! Has nothing to do with New Content, I like browsing through the topics on the MB and seeing them all, not just new content, etc. So I'd like the last post to come up when I do that, not the first one. I never read the threads by a time period or as new content.

PS love your reindeer.

Marilyn, I like to go directly to the last comment too. Try hovering over the date/time underneath the name and then click when it says "view last post."

Archived