Forum Issues? Post Them Here!

April Showers

Hi Karen,

I just went to your gallery and I see an album of New England and Canada with 29 images in it. Is that the one you are looking for?

Also, you should be able to move a layout by going to the layout, and clicking on the Image Moderation button (located below the layout and just above the comments section) then click on Move Image. HTH

attachicon.gifUntitled-3.jpg

Click to enlarge

That's the one I'm looking for. This is so weird, because when I go to my gallery, it says there are no albums, just shows all the images.

If I click on one of the images from that album, I get a warning message that I "don't have permission to do that" and it says it may not be a valid image.

If I click on one of the other images, it does tell me where it's from, e.g., the ATC gallery.

This really isn't a big deal, but I'm kind of puzzled by it.

Edit:

Just tried viewing my gallery using Firefox instead of Safari, thinking it might be a browser issue. Same thing. I don't know how you're seeing that album, but I'm not.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Karen,

I just went to your gallery and I see an album of New England and Canada with 29 images in it. Is that the one you are looking for?

Also, you should be able to move a layout by going to the layout, and clicking on the Image Moderation button (located below the layout and just above the comments section) then click on Move Image. HTH

attachicon.gifUntitled-3.jpg

Click to enlarge

That's the one I'm looking for. This is so weird, because when I go to my gallery, it says there are no albums, just shows all the images.

If I click on one of the images from that album, I get a warning message that I "don't have permission to do that" and it says it may not be a valid image.

If I click on one of the other images, it does tell me where it's from, e.g., the ATC gallery.

This really isn't a big deal, but I'm kind of puzzled by it.

Edit:

Just tried viewing my gallery using Firefox instead of Safari, thinking it might be a browser issue. Same thing. I don't know how you're seeing that album, but I'm not.

I think I know what is up with this. I'll look into it.

I was right. It was in a category that got dumped during the upgrade. I am moving them to the Members' Album Category. Yours should be moving over right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I am finding that I can' use some of the symbols such as (, & when adding a comment in the gallery. They work fine now in MB but not in the gallery comment boxes.

Hmmm, I don't know what the problem might be, Laraine. I just tried typing each of the symbols on my keyboard in a gallery comment and they all worked fine. I tried with Firefox, Chrome, and IE 11. I don't know if April will have any ideas or not, but I'll let her know about your problem. ;)

I've noticed that when I enter comments before posting a layout, the text is left justified, but when it appears in the gallery, the text is center justified. Am I missing a formatting tool? My persnickety brain doesn't like centered paragraphs. :(

I've noticed that when I enter comments before posting a layout, the text is left justified, but when it appears in the gallery, the text is center justified. Am I missing a formatting tool? My persnickety brain doesn't like centered paragraphs. :(

It bugs me too, but it hasn't been a top priority. I don't see spot in the gallery controls where I can set or change the justification. I'll have to do some research on it.

It bugs me too, but it hasn't been a top priority. I don't see spot in the gallery controls where I can set or change the justification. I'll have to do some research on it.

The forum for help with the board says that "most people" want it centered so that is the only option. I did find some code that may let us left justify the text, but Wendee will have to see if it works.

Maybe this was covered somewhere else - if so, please link me to it but ... I am noticing that you cannot leave a comment on a specific member's page. Like if I wanted to go post a message just to TeeCee for example ... I go to her profile, but there is not a place to leave a comment on her profile page. Is this not an option anymore or is there someplace we have to turn it on at??

Maybe this was covered somewhere else - if so, please link me to it but ... I am noticing that you cannot leave a comment on a specific member's page. Like if I wanted to go post a message just to TeeCee for example ... I go to her profile, but there is not a place to leave a comment on her profile page. Is this not an option anymore or is there someplace we have to turn it on at??

Try this tutorial How To Leave A Comment On A Profile

Try this tutorial How To Leave A Comment On A Profile

Lei, in addition the link April provided above, you can also send a PM by going to the member's profile page and clicking on the "Send me a message" button on the right side of the page:

SS 1.jpg

or hover over a member's name on any forum page, then when the member info pop-up comes up, click "Send message". HTH :)

SS 2.jpg

SS 3.jpg

I am finding that I can't use some of the symbols such as ( & when adding a comment in the gallery. They work fine now in MB but not in the gallery comment boxes.

I have just posted in the gallery & seem to be able to use the symbols again.

Thank you.

I am finding that I can't use some of the symbols such as ( & when adding a comment in the gallery. They work fine now in MB but not in the gallery comment boxes.

I have just posted in the gallery & seem to be able to use the symbols again.

Thank you.

Glad to hear it's working for you now! :)

Starting to get Pop Ups from someplace called RightCoupon. It just pops up no matter what page I am on. This is so annoying. What right do people have to do this. They need to be thrown in jail and fined a lot of money.

Starting to get Pop Ups from someplace called RightCoupon. It just pops up no matter what page I am on. This is so annoying. What right do people have to do this. They need to be thrown in jail and fined a lot of money.

That is a a browser issue, not a forum one. It is Adware.

Usually it comes bundled with free applications from the internet, such as free software, videos, system utilities. When you download and install these free programs from Internet you may agree to get it and other unknown programs installed together if you just keep click on the "I Agree" or "Accept" button during installation setup. They'll have that set as the default, so you'll need to slow down, read it, and choose not to install it.

You will need to uninstall it from your computer and remove the extension from your browser. There are more detailed instructions for how to remove it if you do a search for it.

Archived