Forum Issues? Post Them Here!

April Showers

Starting to get Pop Ups from someplace called RightCoupon. It just pops up no matter what page I am on. This is so annoying. What right do people have to do this. They need to be thrown in jail and fined a lot of money.

That is a a browser issue, not a forum one. It is Adware.

Usually it comes bundled with free applications from the internet, such as free software, videos, system utilities. When you download and install these free programs from Internet you may agree to get it and other unknown programs installed together if you just keep click on the I Agree or Accept button during installation setup. They'll have that set as the default, so you'll need to slow down, read it, and choose not to install it.

You will need to uninstall it from your computer and remove the extension from your browser. There are more detailed instructions for how to remove it if you do a search for it.

So true April...and it's annoying that they do that

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had the same problem & thought it was a virus so took it to the shop. The guy cleaned it off for us & told us what April has said (except the part about searching for a removal solution). He didn't cahrge us for it though.

Just noticed that there is a 'new' item on the freebie page. Something called 'FastSave'. Is anyone else seeing this, or am I the only one as usual? There is a little 'x' button, so I'll click that and see what happens.

Clicked it and it went away, but another page came up 'See Similar'. Clicked that and there was an option for this 'FastSave' to not open up. Clicked on that and now we shall see.

Just noticed that there is a 'new' item on the freebie page. Something called 'FastSave'. Is anyone else seeing this, or am I the only one as usual? There is a little 'x' button, so I'll click that and see what happens.

Clicked it and it went away, but another page came up 'See Similar'. Clicked that and there was an option for this 'FastSave' to not open up. Clicked on that and now we shall see.

I just did a quick search on it and it is another Adware browser extension similar to what you had yesterday.

There are instructions on how deal with it online. Here is one from the Microsoft. You're using IE, right? If you're using another browser, there are helps for those online as well.

I just searched this Carol, do you use Chrome?

It's easy enough to remove, First click the spanner icon in chrome, then click tools, then extensions. finally click the trash can next to fast save.

It's easy enough to remove, First click the spanner icon in chrome, then click tools, then extensions. finally click the trash can next to fast save.

No I use Firefox. It's gone now after clicking on the buttons mentioned. This is so annoying that they slip this stuff in when they send you upgrades or it's done automatically without you knowing. I feel it's an invasion of privacy.

No I use Firefox. It's gone now after clicking on the buttons mentioned. This is so annoying that they slip this stuff in when they send you upgrades or it's done automatically without you knowing. I feel it's an invasion of privacy.

While they are sneaky adding things like this is, they are simply taking advantage of people who don't slow down and read what they are agreeing to. Since you agreed with the checked box, you essentially agreed to the invasion of privacy. That doesn't make it nice or any less annoying, but it does make it legal for them to do it.

Always check before you update any app that the items selected to install are really the things you want installed on your computer.

While they are sneaky adding things like this is, they are simply taking advantage of people who don't slow down and read what they are agreeing to. Since you agreed with the checked box, you essentially agreed to the invasion of privacy. That doesn't make it nice or any less annoying, but it does make it legal for them to do it.

Always check before you update any app that the items selected to install are really the things you want installed on your computer.

I'm usually careful about things like this. I usually read all while I'm downloading 'freebies', but I guess I must have missed one. Sigh! I'll certainly be more careful in the future. Thanks April and Valerie.

I hate having to ask this question but I've looked and can't find the answer so hoping if it is posted somewhere on the mb that I've just missed it! When posting a link to a layout…….I can't seem to figure out with the new "box" I get how to change the link name to the name of the layout. I use what I've always used….the little chains. Am I doing it wrong now with the upgrade?

I hate having to ask this question but I've looked and can't find the answer so hoping if it is posted somewhere on the mb that I've just missed it! When posting a link to a layout…….I can't seem to figure out with the new "box" I get how to change the link name to the name of the layout. I use what I've always used….the little chains. Am I doing it wrong now with the upgrade?

Hi Sara, It's pretty much the same way as it was before - when the new "box" pops up, click in the URL section of the box and paste the link address. Here's a tutorial: How to Post Links in the Forum. Let us know if you need more help. :)

I'm a bit confused. Earlier today when checking how many comments I left on member's layouts it was at 845. Now, after adding at least seven (maybe more) comments the count is only up to 847 when it should be 852. My total count from 2007 to today should be at least 6,695. That was before the forum changes were made. Can you help?

I'm a bit confused. Earlier today when checking how many comments I left on member's layouts it was at 845. Now, after adding at least seven (maybe more) comments the count is only up to 847 when it should be 852. My total count from 2007 to today should be at least 6,695. That was before the forum changes were made. Can you help?

The total is for the last year. A new year begins every day. I know, it is silly.

The total is for the last year. A new year begins every day. I know, it is silly.

Goodness, how crazy is that. Well, I'll just keep my own count and make the changes in my signature as I go along.

• 8 months later...

So sorry, I know this is not the place but I've been looking for hours for any place where I can "type" something. Like "To tell you who I am" at the "Welcome To Scrap Girls" part (I clicked on every possible line, or word, or dot), or ask a question in a forum, or ask someone to merge my two accounts. I've tried to get into Scrap Girls for more than a year (I just gave up because it was the same old stuff over and over) so finally I decided to "Create A New Account." I did and then I searched for my old acct. It came up right away. I think I saw that I became a member in 2009. Honestly, I feel very stupid! And yes, I've read all the "How To" rules, again, which makes me feel even more well, you know.....

So what is the secret to posting and comment or question? I used to do it all the time. :circle: This is me! :daisy: I hope this can be kept private.

So sorry, I know this is not the place but I've been looking for hours for any place where I can "type" something. Like "To tell you who I am" at the "Welcome To Scrap Girls" part (I clicked on every possible line, or word, or dot), or ask a question in a forum, or ask someone to merge my two accounts. I've tried to get into Scrap Girls for more than a year (I just gave up because it was the same old stuff over and over) so finally I decided to "Create A New Account." I did and then I searched for my old acct. It came up right away. I think I saw that I became a member in 2009. Honestly, I feel very stupid! And yes, I've read all the "How To" rules, again, which makes me feel even more well, you know.....

So what is the secret to posting and comment or question? I used to do it all the time. :circle: This is me! :daisy: I hope this can be kept private.

I'm the one to merge your accounts!

The forum has totally changed since you were here, so no need to feel silly.

This is where you introduce yourself - Introduce Yourself just start a new topic.

I can totally hide or delete this post (and the one you posted) once you get all set. ;)

You can send me a PM with your old user name - just hover over the "April Showers" above the photo on the left and "Send Message" will be an option.

Welcome Back!

Hello and welcome to Scrap Girls!

If you are looking for the place to introduce yourself, click on this link: Introduce Yourself, then click on the large purple Start New Topic button near the top right of the page.

Let us know if you need more help. :)

Well, it looks like April and I were replying at the same time.

Archived