Psd Question

Ande43

Do you guys save your PSD files??? I currently have all of mine on an EHD....are there good reasons to save or not to save????

Keeping a PSD file is advisable IF you intend to go back and change something or use most of the layers again for another layout. After a couple of years, if I've not found any reason to go back to it, I delete it. I've got my flattened file and all my digital photos saved, so I'm not losing anything, but I'm getting back a lot of disk space.

I'm sure I will just hang on to them.....have been thinking of going back and resizing to a 6x6 and making special albums for each of the grandsons....I too have found typo's now and then so have been glad I have them

Compulsive saver here for all the above reasons. Plus another reason - When compiling images for my mother-in-law's funeral slide show of pictures and the Shutterfly photo book I'm now making with all those images, I have used several older layouts with her in them...but I have added and changed things, used different journaling, different photos, etc. So even though I hadn't touched some of those .psd files in 5 years they really really came in handy.

I save mine on DVDs, but the tech guy at Staples recently told me that DVDs are going by the wayside and everyone is going to thumb drives. I just bought a 1TB EHD so I might transfer them to it for all of above reasons. I have only been digitally scrapping for about 2 years, so I am thinking at some future point I will probably delete the old ones if I haven't gone back to them for awhile. I print most of my pages. Probably won't ever delete the ones I don't print.

• 3 weeks later...

I rarely delete anything that requires WORK to recreate. My staff has a folder on the server labeled "BecauseWeNeverDeleteAnythingHere."

:winking_baby:

Disk drives keep getting cheaper, and I just make a backup and keep going.

I totally agree! I love the name of the folder. :D

I save mine, including the working file where I've recorded the supplies and techniques I used, because I consult the information more often than the layout itself. They're on an EHD for awhile; periodically I copy them to DVDs, and weed out the EHD. There are many layouts which I haven't printed for myself; they're in my grandchildren's albums, or wedding albums - albums I don't have, so I want to be able to look at them occasionally. But I could do all this with flattened files! Maybe it's time to simplify.

Archived