4 replies to this topic

#1 BRO70

BRO70

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

I'm new to digital scrapbooking and just purchased the curled and torn paper templates by Syndee Nuckles.  I use PSE 11 to which I'm also new. I can't seem to load two different papers to the template. I must be leaving out a step in the process. Can someone clue me in?

#2 Barb Eugene

Barb Eugene

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

I don't have that particular template but have some that are similar.  First, make sure you are in expert mode in PSE 11.  Then, drag the template into your work space.  That's my terminology for the area where you will create your project.  Next, make sure you have the Layers tab clicked.  That's located at the bottom right.  Now, think about how you want the final result to look.  With a curled paper, you will have one color on the back side and another on the front before you curl it.  It might help to grab a piece of scrap paper and curl it so you can see how this will work.  I'm a very visual person so that step helps me.

If you drag papers into PSE 11, they will appear when you click on Photo Bin.  That's found on the left bottom side of your screen.  Decide what paper you want where.  For example, what paper do you want on what would be the back of your paper, what paper do you want on the front.  When you have thought that through (at this point, I'm usually consulting my real paper scrap), then click on the layer in the layers palette that you want the paper to appear on.  Make sure that layer is highlighted.  Then drag the paper from the Photo Bin into the workspace.  Click Ctrl G.  That will clip the paper to the highlighted layer.  Just keep repeating this until all layers have paper clipped to it.  You may end up clipping the same paper to several layers.

If you have any questions, please ask again.

#3 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,279 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for the info.  I always seem to have problems with the curled papers.  Now I can put this on my bulletin board and it will always be handy for a quick reference.

gallery_11036_66_14165.png
BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for October 2014, 7340 -- 7260 as of 10-18-14

#4 BRO70

BRO70

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

Thank you, Barb. I was able to place 3 different patterned papers to the template. Is there an adjustment to shadow the torn or curled edges to give them more  dimension?   

#5 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,875 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

Thank you, Barb. I was able to place 3 different patterned papers to the template. Is there an adjustment to shadow the torn or curled edges to give them more  dimension?   

You may want to try playing adding a blending mode.

Also, here is a PDF tutorial by Syndee that may be helpful to you: Fold and Curl Instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users